Esteemed Contributor

i have severe arthritis, so i'm not very active during the day....so i struggle with insomnia...been researching melatonin...do any of you take it with good results?  thank you...

Honored Contributor

i dont take it every night, but i do take it  once or twice a week.

it works so well for me.

i take it about an hour before i want to be asleep.

start with the lowest dose if you want to try it out.....1 mg.

i usually take a 3mg dose.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I take it every night. 5mg tablet and it is amaing, I sleep like a rock. 

Super Contributor

I take 5mg 2-3 hours before going to bed. I fall asleep. I will wake up a Few times during the night but go back to sleep quickly. 

Frequent Contributor

It was suggested to me by my psycho-pharmacologist.  Start with a low dose (for me, 3 mg) and work up gradually.  I take it before trying to sleep (aouibt an hour ahead) and if I wake up in the night, I'm allowed to take more.

Puritan's Pride has great buys.

Respected Contributor

Love it! I take 10mg an hour before bed- it works!

Trusted Contributor

Oh gosh, I must be a horse!Woman LOL

I take two 10mg!  I tried different OTC sleeping pills, but they didn't always help.

Super Contributor

I've been taking it for years.  5 or 10 mg...depending on how I feel.  Sometimes I take a GABA with it..depending on if I feel my mind is racing too much and can't relax.  GABA has been a GODSEND. Now my mom takes it, as well as my husband.

TRY Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA).

Honored Contributor

I tried it, but it didn't do anything.  Maybe I wasn't taking enough.  I bought my sister sleepy time tea.  She drinks it an hour before bed and swears by it.

Honored Contributor

@plmokn 

I used something called Dream Water which is Melatonin, Gaba Gaba and a few other thing in liquid form, I usually take 2 ounces, with occasionally I take an additional sip. It works wonders for me 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.