Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Good Friday morning, it's sunny here, another very cold day, single digits and below zero at night but you know, I don't care, it's sunny!!!

i did Total gym for 40 minutes, planks, and jackknifes.  I didn't see that particular plank challenge but I am doing Rosalie Brown's challenges, side planks also.  I have a hamstring/butt thing going on, so have curtailed some exercises until I see the Chiropractor next week ( my regular appt) but I read up on it and it may take a loooooog time to comletely heal, oh yippie, but look at it this way, I have lots of other body parts to work on to get stronger so that's my focus and gentle on hamstring/butt...Gotta have the glass half full at my house!!!

Glad everyne is keeping up with the workouts,  including shoveling foxxie  haha

I felt bad for Nathan also, they said he never falls like that, but imagine his nervers.  The pairs did good though for the US.  Can't wait for Opening Ceremonies tonight!

Honored Contributor

TGIF everyone!

@bopper Yay for your husband's excellent doctor's visit!  Boo for the hamstring!!

I did 3.5mi/42.10min on the treadmill....couldn't keep up with my legs.

I caught Sammie with a smile today!

P_20180209_101605.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Alert, Bopper, I just saw that Q will be presenting Yoga Retreat Sunday afternoon. It comes up n a search now...price is $60 + $13 s/h, so it looks like BB is maintaining control of the price. 4 easy pays, though.

Foxxie, your dental work sounds like not much fun. Lots of good ishrs for you.

Mick, what a nice photo of Sammie.

Laura, yes, it's difficult to make big decisions. 

I'm home sick today. I hope it's just a cold, not flu.

Honored Contributor

@nomless sending you healing thoughts your way.  I hope it's not the flu too.

I've had a cold/cough for a week.  I need to get my hair done, but don't want to hang out and cough the entire time.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  It snowed all day yesterday!  A couple of times, it slowed down to flurries but only for few minutes.  I'm supposed to get plowed today and told them to wait til this afternoon when it's supposed to be officially over but I'm getting nervous about them getting to us.  So I'm going to call and tell them to get here whenever they can earlier than that because we have tickets to an event tonight.  We can't get our of the garage the way it is in our driveway.  We're guessing about a foot of snow considering it snowed most of the night.  Although the snow is supposed to stop early afternoon, we're supposed to get two or three inches Sunday as well.

One of my poor sisters was on FB yesterday asking for her niece and nephew to come help her.  She's younger than me but she says it's hard for her since it's so much.  She has an invalid husband and he can't help.   And she can't afford to pay.  Well turns out the niece and nephew work after school.  Plus they'd have to be driven to her house because they are about 15 miles away.  I had thought early in the season to give her money for an emergency like this but I know it would be spent for whatever came up before a big snow.  Worries, worries.

Aww, poor Sammie, @MickD!  Hope you don't have the flu  @nomless.  @Laura14 and @bopper, that's a lot of s/h for that Yoga retreat!

Stay safe everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's below zero here this morning, I lifted the blnds and my sills have ice on them and we have good windows.  I do run a humidifer though so they are always a bit wet on the bottom.  I wipe them each morning though so we dont get mold or anything.  

Sun is still wonderful.

Nomless I hope you feel better, please let us know and thank you for the alert on the Yoga retreat.  I had no idea so I just set my dvr to record it.  Is that correct for the shipping, yikes.   I havent' decided and now since my hamstring/butt injury I can't do any hamstring stretching or forward folds, it's more like little tears in the tendon of the hamstring, I'm okay nobody worry, but I don't want to hinder my progress either.  Taking today and tomorrow totally off, seeing how this helps me and I can better access myself on Monday then.  

Boy Evine has a lot of cute clothes, my goodness I have my cart full, not getting but I pretend shop LOL

Laura, hope your Saturday goes good for you!

Foxxie we haven't had snow in a week now and I don't miss it.  Downstate had a storm yesterday.   

MickD, Sammie looks so cute, and very content.   Thank you for sharing his picture.

Dr.Kelli hope you slept good and have a good Saturday.

We have nothing planned today, hubby is working.   Will watch Olympics tonight.  Enjoyed the Opening Ceremonies last night, the drone thing was cool over the ski hill, and the doves.  

Guess time for another cup of coffee, be blessed everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  

Well, the landscaper came and plowed the driveway and I sure couldn't have done that much snow myself.  But it reminded me of why I prefer doing it myself.  The plow digs into the grass.  He went about 3 ft in beyond the driveway when he first started.  On the other side he left some driveway pavement undone.  I had to go out and remove that side although it wasn't that difficult.  I had to clear the mailbox area, too, for the mail lady.  Out here the mailbox is near the street and if that's not clear enough for them to get close enough with their little trucks, you might not get your mail.  As a matter of fact, I had a dress from the Q that was at the post office Saturday that they didn't deliver cause we hadn't shoveled yet.  But so many made good money yesterday.  Two people came to my door asking if we wanted our snow shoveled.  I said no because I had an appointment made with my landscaper.  They had shovels though and I now have decided that no plow will touch my grass again....too aggressive. 

The snow stopped yesterday afternoon and we had tickets to an event.  By the time we were coming home around 11 pm, it had started back up.  More shoveling this morning.  The worst is over though.  There's about a foot of snow on the deck.  I can't open the back door to get to it, though.  It's supposed to be in the thirties this week so, it will melt soon but that weight can't be good for it.

So tomorrow I will resume my exercising at my club and get back to better eating habits.  It's been a stressful week and I've been comfort eating.

Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon, sunny here and temp is up to 20, heat wave!    I did TG this morning upper body, back and squats, planks, side planks, and 6 miles on the bike.  May do some yard laps now with my boy.

I have my dvr set to record Yoga retreat this afternoon, the s&h is way to much though.  I would go through my BB coach who said it would cost me about 6$ getting it from her ,  shipping I mean  LOL

Foxxie glad you got shoveled out and can go about your day today.   We haven't had snow in a week, ( I mean we have about 100" on the ground but nothing new and the big lake is almost all frozen over so when that happens it turns off the lake effect machine.  

Not much more here, I really wish I had a better diet, I don't eat bad but I do eat carbs and not enough vegetables, I think if I ate cleaner and leaner I"d see more fat go and see my muscles but realistically am I really going to do that, we live way up North, it's cold here, yes we eat carbs!   Hahah  moderation though, and we have cut back because of hubby's heart issues, but we eat lots of chicken too.   Why am I rambling .....  hahaha

Have a good day everyone, I'm outa here!!

Respected Contributor

Nomless, do you still use your Nano Gym you got from Evine?   I read that people are having trouble with the velcro on the leg straps coming undone when you try and do legs.   I have always thought I may like that piece of equipment.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  No snow all night!  Yippee!

@bopper, it's difficult to cut carbs.  They are so good, lol.

Back to my regular routine today!  Senior Cardio class and Strength & Motion class.

Have a great day!