Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'Note to Self: Keep going. You're doing great. You might not be where you want to be yet, but that's okay. Just take it one step at a time and keep believing in yourself. And Remember: no matter what happens you can still enjoy your life and be happy. Inspired Positive with EvanaValle.com'

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

Hello @bopper and everyone~

Been mostly doing my indoor bike, 40 minutes, most days of the week...because between rain and wind it hasn't been good walking weather this past week. Though Saturday was nice we did a two mile outdoor walk. The fresh air and sunshine was great. 

Some days I add a standing leg/cardio blast series of 5 exercises after the bike - 30 seconds of reps each, I saw on Facebook. Lunges into a jump, squats into a jump, jumping jacks, skating moves, bridge/leg lifts. Quick and effective.

I also have been back on my Aeropilates...did some rebounding last week, and also all other exercises on it...arms, leg in straps, standing legs, a variety of moves. I could definitely feel it last week.

Hoping to do an outdoor walk tomorrow...I have to be at an outdoor event at 3:00 and hoping to walk before that. It's supposed to be sunny and not windy tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Valued Contributor

Hello - beautiful spring day in my area.  I'm new to this blog and enjoyed reading the March notes to see how everyone has managed during this difficult time.  I am a swimmer, my body absolutely loves it, but haven't been able to swim since March 2020.  I also walk but sometimes weather prohibits that, so last year I tried to find something that I could do - I have hip and feet issues, so I can't bicycle or do the ellipitcal but I wanted something that got me moving.  I found Body Groove, which is a movement program that you can download on your computer or stream on your smart tv.  I love it!  It is dancing but you can move anyway you want.  I don't dance - I am a stranger to rhythm and did have a difficult time at first, but I kept at it and am glad I did.  I've even done some of the routines in a chair.  I've done aerobics, pilates, yoga, weight training, spin and this is the first program where I haven't had any pain issues.  But I will still swim - got my 2nd vaccination last week and my pool has reopened.  

Honored Contributor

Welcome @catmama - I also did Body Groove before I broke my foot.  Hope to get back to it when I can.  She also has a pilates and a yoga workout.  Not sure if those are the workouts you mentioned or not but they didn't look to strenuous.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Windy, windy, windy again this morning.

Hi, @catmama.  I think I've seen Body Groove on YouTube.  I'll have to check it out again.

Let's see....I think I'll do my stationary bike this morning and some I place walking a la Leslie Sansone.  Minimum of 30 minutes, hopefully 60 minutes.

Have a healthy, safe day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I guess we've all moved over here early.  Good morning!

Snow this morning, 80 degrees on Easter Sunday.  The snow has stopped, but the wind is blowing, so it is still cold.  It used to make me laugh when convention attendees in Denver would show up in sleeveless spring dresses, sandals and a cardigan.  And most of the time, morning temperatures are in the 20s still.  Um, it may be spring where you come from, but it ain't spring here!!

I paid the price for my Sunday insomnia last night--I could barely stay awake past 6:30.  I forced myself to stay awake until almost 8 and then I slept until almost 6 this morning.

I have a LaBlast class in 30 minutes or so. That will be my exercise today.  I'm thinking about restoring my Beachbody on demand membership so that I can do other classes when my Lablast classes aren't streaming.  I could increase my membership level, which would give me classes every day, but I do like to mix it up.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Valued Contributor

@JudyL 

No - these are pilates classes that I look years ago at a studio.  My osteopath recommended it for therapy on my hip and spine, but I'm not very flexible and even though I used the program for several months, I found that it just didn't work for me.  I've done the BG yoga sessions and they are very gentle.  haven't done the Pilates.

Respected Contributor

Hey y'all I posted in March!   It is March Haha......   Then saw y'all moved here!!  

Welcome new members....Today is very windy again and power outages occuring again.   I was about to get on the treadmill and the power went out.   So got on my Cellerciser and did a Trophy Aerobics program for 1 hour and then the power came back so did 2 miles on the treadmill and a dog walk.   The snow is all melted from the weekend.   I'm happy about that but temps are all over the place like they are most everywhere. 

@DrKelli  my son said they have 3 inches of snow and yesterday was 70.   That's CO though!

Our state is Red again...Ughhhh  the Spring breakers will make this extend now... do they have no regards for anyone else?   

Think I"ll scroll through Pinterest for some recipes.

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

I fully expect to see a huge jump in cases in the 'spring break' destination states like Florida and Texas.

Our mountain communities are tilting towards red again, but other counties are doing pretty well.

I get my second shot next week.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, last post on this thread.   

This morning I made my own circuit with the treadmill, Pilates chair, TG, and Cellerciser for over an hour and then took a walk with Logan.  It's snowing out so that tells you it's cold.

I agree @DrKelli  the Spring breakers will determine what's next.   Dang kids.... they have no regards for anyone.   At least us older folks will be vaccinated though.