Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning all!  I can't believe tomorrow is actually April.  We're back to normal weather. For one day and then we get summer for at least the next 5 days.  I'm okay with that.

I just finished my weekly 'hair' patrol---looking at my face in a 10x magnifying mirror for those random hairs that sprout out of nowhere.  No one told me that this happens when you get old.  It is SO annoying to find an inch long white hair on your chin and no one has told you about it.  That's why I look at least once a week.

My workout today is my dance lesson.  At least it is with my regular partner and not the guy that sucks all the fun out of it.

I'm having to start scheduling travel to the plants--I'm not comfortable with it, but I have the feeling I'm going to get pressured to do it more and more.  I get my second shot next week, so at least I'll have that going for me.

@bopper I think you thought you were on the March thread when you said "last post on this thread".  We all migrated to April early!!

Have a good rest of the day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  Our thread is finally official!

I have a trainer workout in about 40 minutes.  My dance lesson went well yesterday and I need the weight training today.  I finally pulled the trigger on restarting my beachbody on demand membership.  I have a couple days a week that I don't have things scheduled and I'm having to start traveling again for work, so I wanted something I could stream onto my tv (through ROKU) because I hate squinting at a tablet or computer.  I'm going to buy an HDMI cable to put in my travel back pack so I can stream at hotels.

It's a gorgeous day here--supposed to be close to 70 and we will be in the 80s over the weekend.  My deck chair is ready and waiting for me!! As well as a book and some music!

Hope you all have a great day!  No April Fool's nonsense from me.  I despise practical jokes.  See you tomorrow!

Respected Contributor

Happy April 1st!  

Sun came out and the snow is melting

I did Treadmill 2 Miles

Cellerciser 20 minutes

Gazelle 30 minutes

TG 20 minutes 

Dog walk 30 minutes

Go me!!!!!!!  Now sitting and watching my team on Opening Day!  Go Tigers!

@DrKelli 70 wow and you just had snow!

Yesterday I had 26,000 steps my personal best!  Trying to beat that today!

Happy Easter Weekend 

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Saw the Dr today and I am boot free!!  Wahooo!!  Still can't do a lot.  She wants me to take it easy and be very careful for at least a week when walking, going up and down stairs, and no dancing on tables.  Yes, she said that.  LOL  The important things are that I can drive and sleep without the boot.  YES!

So I will do as she says and won't start back with Body Groove until end of next week and then I will go slow to make sure my foot can handle it ok.  I see the Dr again in 4 weeks for a final visit.

Its a beautiful warm sunny day here by the Bay.  Will be cooling down starting tomorrow though.

Respected Contributor

Good morning!

@JudyL  I'm glad you are on the mend!  I hated being in a boot.  Just hated it.

I'm down almost a pound already, so I'm glad about that.  Had a good trainer workout yesterday and then forgot to pay him until this morning.

I have a dance lesson today.  We are working on our next performance piece--a Quickstep to "what'd I miss" from Hamilton.  I also have to go in earlly to the 'principal's office' to discuss what happened that made me say I would never dance with the other male instructor again.  Apparently, I am not the only one that has had this issue with him.   I am fine with being a good 'recreational' ballroom dancer.  I never intended to compete at world level because I have a job that pays me well.  If you want to be a world champion, dancing IS your job.

I can't believe this weekend is Easter!!  It is really kind of fun when the FB memories come up from a year ago--I get a laugh out of how naive we were to think covid would be over in 30 days!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  We are starting a stretch of 70-80 degree days and I cannot wait!!  I need some REAL vitamin D!!!!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  I'm back in the boot today.  Ugh.  My fault though.  Think I walked on my foot too much yesterday and by evening it was hurting and swollen.  So today giving it a break and wearing the boot if I go out of the house.  Walking around the house I'm fine but I walked to empty the trash and to the mailbox yesterday without the boot and guess my foot didn't like that.  

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

Hey y'all.   Happy Friday and Good Friday!

I'm on my last day of the Fitbit challenge.   I'm at 32,000 steps and it's grueling being in the lead everyday because you can't slack at all.   I have 1 guy on my tail all the time, he's the PT so I think he has an ego too Haha... I told my husband if he's still chasing me at 11:59 pm tonight I'll be on my treadmill kicking his arse!

It was sunny here but 40 and cold wind.   Supposed to be in the 50's now for the next week.

@JudyL sorry about the boot again.   It's hard to not over do when you start feeling better but good you knew enough to put it back on.

@DrKelli you are getting some very warm weather there.   See if it went from 40 to 80 I'd be dying...  

Tomorrow will be  a well deserved day of rest and if it's warm enough I'll be on the deck with my book.

Have a good night all!

Respected Contributor

Happy Easter Eve!   It's 55 here so I am taking advantage of it.   No workout today and I won the Fitbit challenge with 141,000 steps in 5 days.   So this bod is resting.

Watching baseball now but was out on my deck or a while to get some sun.  

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Respected Contributor

Happy Easter Everyone!   It's 50 here and clouds but I'll take it.

Really quiet here, not just today but the past week.   Should we dispand the thread.  All good things do come to an end sometimes.   Just taking a poll

Took 2 rest days in a row.   A record for me!   But it's okay.

Saw my dad today and brought him a little treat, other than that just laid low here at home.

Be safe everyone

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@bopper no!! I don't think we should disband--there are still a few of us that check in regularly and I look forward to everyone's updates.

I did LaBlast on Saturday and literally did not much of anything yesterday.  I did get some vitamin D therapy and it is supposed to be 80 again today, so I'll get some deck time at lunch.

LaBlast today and tomorrow and I'm teaching on Saturday so I hope my second Fauci ouchie doesn't have any side effects.  It does for some people, but not others.

And I made my plane reservation to go see my mom for a week in May.  Both of us will be fully vaccinated by then.  I already don't want to go back to the office because I have found that my language is exponentially worse and I tend to say a lot o fthings out loud that I shouldn't.  LOL!!!

Hope you all had a good Easter!