Regular Contributor

My doctor has told me I need to take a Multi-Vitamin we some iron in it.  I have never taken a vitamin and am at a lost as to which one to take.  I sure could use some suggestions, please! BTW, I am 74 if this matters.

Many thanks!!

Respected Contributor

I take a Centrum for women over 50 daily and I have also taken the Walmart version called Equate multivitamin for women over 50. I have also taken a over the counter iron tablet. Hope that helps 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure any second now someone who drank the Kool-Aid will chime in and tell you how Andrew Lessman's vitamins changed their life. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Vitamin Needed

[ Edited ]

@Silverfox1 

I take Centrum Silver for women.  It does have some iron in it.

Did your doctor say how much iron he wants you to take?

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Your doctor should have made suggestions.  I don't take a multivitamin but buy what I do take from either Walgreens or CVS.  IMO, there's not much difference from brand to brand.  

Super Contributor

I'm tired of taking so many pills, so I thought I'd make it a little more fun by taking my multi vitamin in a gummy form.

Honored Contributor

Ask your pharmacist. They are usually happy to help.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@Silverfox1   I take Centrum or 1 a day for those over 50 (the gummy version since I don't like huge pills).  I also take a very small pill, Move Free Ultra (available at Target and other retailers), that helps with my joints.  I'm 61 and pretty active due to my job, so they have really made a difference for me. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I take a Centrum for women over 50 daily and I have also taken the Walmart version called Equate multivitamin for women over 50. I have also taken a over the counter iron tablet. Hope that helps 

I take this one too, or Sentry Senior, same thing, but there is NO iron in it, most supp for women over 50 have no iron. Women over 50 dont need the iron as younger women do. 

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with Centrum vitamins, and prefer gummies.