Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm sure any second now someone who drank the Kool-Aid will chime in and tell you how Andrew Lessman's vitamins changed their life. 

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm sure any second now someone who drank the Kool-Aid will chime in and tell you how Andrew Lessman's vitamins changed their life. 

@Kachina624    Yeah......expensive P

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    Hey, I meant to ask you, did you get big rain last week end?  I saw a weather map that had Phoenix all red and yellow.... looked ugly. 

We had a big flash flood Tuesday evening.  Water in the arroyos came down from the mountain and got up to 12ft deep in Albuquerque, and 3 druggies who were sitting in an arroyo were swept away and killed.  Could happen again this evening.  I didn't get a drop at my house. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hi @Kachina624     Yeah.....Phoenix (on a whole) got about 2".....but like you, it was spotty, and not all neighborhoods got hit.    Right now (I have the local news on).......we are expecting a BIG storm coming in from NM some time tonight.     It's HOT, HUMID & WINDY right now!  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    I also heard some day in the near future you're only supposed to be 95°.  I immediately worried about you getting a chill. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    I also heard some day in the near future you're only supposed to be 95°.  I immediately worried about you getting a chill. 

@Kachina624     I'm embarrassed to say that I have a fur coat.....(gift from Dad.....how could I refuse?!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: Vitamin Needed

[ Edited ]

@Silverfox1 if you can, contact your doctor's office and ask how many mg of iron you should take.  Then you can narrow down your choices.  I subscribe to Consumer Lab, and they test many vitamins to make sure they contain the amounts they say that they will, they test how fast the supplements dissolve, and they also compare prices.  I'm sure this will surprise some people, but Wal-Mart (Equate) vitamins get the green light in many of the versions.  If you're unable to get an answer from your doctor, I would choose the vitamin mentioned in an earlier post, where the poster said it had half the recommended amount.  (I think that's what it said.)  I am 58 and take a vitamin with no iron in it.  I recently had my blood tested, and my hematocrit was 45, which is in the top range.  So the fact that he has told you to choose a vitamin with iron indicates to me that you have quite a deficit.  PS...went back and found the post--here is a screen shot of it...

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 6.35.42 AM.png

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and suggestions.  Since my blood count was just a tad low I have decided to contact my doctor to see just how much iron I need.  I know iron can upset your stomach so I want to be careful.  You certainly gave some good names and I think I like the gummie idea since  take so many pills and hate to add another one!

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Iron can be very constipating. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I only ordered one of his items once, @Kachina624, the glucosamine/chondroitin supplements. They were in a childproof capped bottle, which I thought was an extremely poor choice.

As we all know, this supplement is made for folks with joint issues, meaning it is likely extra hard for people with those same joint issues to open containers. 

I refuse to deal with childproof caps. It's hard enough to open regular caps sometimes (which is why I have one of those handy-dandy and downright amazing Kuhn Rikon bottle/jar openers.)

I went back to the very effective Cosamin brand. No childproof cap there.

(In case anyone is wondering about easy-to-open supplement brands, many of my other supplements are from the Now brand, which has flip-top caps. I like their quality, too.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Silverfox1 

If your Dr simply suggested a multi-vitamin, your iron level is not seriously low.  

The level has just dropped slightly since the last time it was tested, and your report likely shows an L beside your number, indicating it is lower than last time, so he mentioned it.