Frequent Contributor

Vitacost vitamins and website

I am a semi retired senior who takes many of Andrew Lessman's supplements. I really admire Andrew and love his products but lately even with specials his pricing is through the roof, I discovered the Vitacost website and found many similar products, in capsules , standardized. I know they have some additives but I wonder if they are a decent quality. I really can't afford to pay $500.00 for a years supply of glucosamine and chondroitin for my husband and me along with everything else we take

Does anyone have any experience with Vitacost and their products?

Regular Contributor

Re: Vitacost vitamins and website

kidz- I have used Vitacost for over 10 years and am happy with selection, pricing (esp with regular coupons), service and extremely prompt shipping. The rare times I have has an issue because of a loose lid on a supplement or freshness date, the item has been replaced with no questions. I do buy some name brand from them but I also use and like the vitacost house brands. HTH Rose

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

kidz- I have used Vitacost for over 10 years and am happy with selection, pricing (esp with regular coupons), service and extremely prompt shipping. The rare times I have has an issue because of a loose lid on a supplement or freshness date, the item has been replaced with no questions. I do buy some name brand from them but I also use and like the vitacost house brands. HTH Rose

wrote:

I agree with everything you said, @qvcrose.  Their CS is the best.  I agree, also, about Andrew Lessman's products. I buy some of them, but if I can find similar on Vitacost that is the way I go.  We take many, many supplements and I have to watch the $$. 

You won't go wrong with Vitacost.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I also use some Vitacost house things, and like every one. I agree that others, like AL, have outrageous prices!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have been ordering from VitaCost for about 8 years.  Would highly recommend them.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I am a semi retired senior who takes many of Andrew Lessman's supplements. I really admire Andrew and love his products but lately even with specials his pricing is through the roof, I discovered the Vitacost website and found many similar products, in capsules , standardized. I know they have some additives but I wonder if they are a decent quality. I really can't afford to pay $500.00 for a years supply of glucosamine and chondroitin for my husband and me along with everything else we take

Does anyone have any experience with Vitacost and their products?

@kidznpupz  - I've been doing this for a long time - listen to Lessmen for the education, but find the same items on Vitacost for a more reasonable price.  I order the majority of our supplements and a couple of skincare items from them.  In fact, I have several "set & save" orders set up I get what I need at the proper intervals.  I have found that they are excellent quality.  The Vitacost house brand of supplements are manufactured in North Carolina.

Honored Contributor

I am also very pleased with Vitacost, I also order from Puritans Pride and Swanson. I go with whoever is offering the best deal on what I need at the time. Certain things I prefer from one site or another.

All of these sites are on the rebate sites too, and I only when I can get free shipping.