Frequent Contributor

Vitacost vitamins and website

I am a semi retired senior who takes many of Andrew Lessman's supplements. I really admire Andrew and love his products but lately even with specials his pricing is through the roof, I discovered the Vitacost website and found many similar products, in capsules , standardized. I know they have some additives but I wonder if they are a decent quality. I really can't afford to pay $500.00 for a years supply of glucosamine and chondroitin for my husband and me along with everything else we take

Does anyone have any experience with Vitacost and their products?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Vitacost vitamins and website

kidz- I have used Vitacost for over 10 years and am happy with selection, pricing (esp with regular coupons), service and extremely prompt shipping. The rare times I have has an issue because of a loose lid on a supplement or freshness date, the item has been replaced with no questions. I do buy some name brand from them but I also use and like the vitacost house brands. HTH Rose

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

kidz- I have used Vitacost for over 10 years and am happy with selection, pricing (esp with regular coupons), service and extremely prompt shipping. The rare times I have has an issue because of a loose lid on a supplement or freshness date, the item has been replaced with no questions. I do buy some name brand from them but I also use and like the vitacost house brands. HTH Rose

wrote:

I agree with everything you said, @qvcrose.  Their CS is the best.  I agree, also, about Andrew Lessman's products. I buy some of them, but if I can find similar on Vitacost that is the way I go.  We take many, many supplements and I have to watch the $$. 

You won't go wrong with Vitacost.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I also use some Vitacost house things, and like every one. I agree that others, like AL, have outrageous prices!

Honored Contributor

I have been ordering from VitaCost for about 8 years.  Would highly recommend them.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I am a semi retired senior who takes many of Andrew Lessman's supplements. I really admire Andrew and love his products but lately even with specials his pricing is through the roof, I discovered the Vitacost website and found many similar products, in capsules , standardized. I know they have some additives but I wonder if they are a decent quality. I really can't afford to pay $500.00 for a years supply of glucosamine and chondroitin for my husband and me along with everything else we take

Does anyone have any experience with Vitacost and their products?

@kidznpupz  - I've been doing this for a long time - listen to Lessmen for the education, but find the same items on Vitacost for a more reasonable price.  I order the majority of our supplements and a couple of skincare items from them.  In fact, I have several "set & save" orders set up I get what I need at the proper intervals.  I have found that they are excellent quality.  The Vitacost house brand of supplements are manufactured in North Carolina.

Honored Contributor

I am also very pleased with Vitacost, I also order from Puritans Pride and Swanson. I go with whoever is offering the best deal on what I need at the time. Certain things I prefer from one site or another.

All of these sites are on the rebate sites too, and I only when I can get free shipping.