Respected Contributor

Re: Vibration plates for exercise

@hckynutwrote:

@pegsue

My hands have always been cold, way before I considered myself old. My wife liked chocolate at hockey games, but if a concession stand close to our seats was out? If I walked to a further stand, by the time I carried the cup back to her? It was "barely warm chocolate".

Tingling? Only if my arm or hands have been in a bent condition for a very long time. Don't know your age, and I never ask a lady. I think I am an old, but very young, 78 year old(chronologically speaking) man.

Since I have had Lung Blood Clots(PE) on 2 different occasions, I have had many Doppler/Nuclear, and other types of procedures done where "circulation" can be a big factor. That has never had anything to do with my "chronological age".

Hey, if you think something makes you feel better, go for it. I have never read where these types of things harm and/or injure a person. Guess I just wouldn't classify it as an active exercise. Passive maybe?

Best to you now,

hckynut(john)

Hi John, this is off topic for this thread but on your Total Gym, have you ever used the Cyclo 2 trainer to pedal?   I'm seriously thinking of adding this accessory to my Total Gym regime.    I so enjoy reading your posts and you knowledge of machines and health.  Glad you are skating again too!   There's your cardio I bet!     There is a Total Gym Facebook group and many are saying what a great addition the Cyclo 2 trainer is to their regime.  I respect and value your opinion.   Thanks for everything you do for fitness and to help others.

Respectfully, Bopper

Respected Contributor

Hi John, this is off topic for this thread but on your Total Gym, have you ever used the Cyclo 2 trainer to pedal?   I'm seriously thinking of adding this accessory to my Total Gym regime.    I so enjoy reading your posts and you knowledge of machines and health.  Glad you are skating again too!   There's your cardio I bet!     There is a Total Gym Facebook group and many are saying what a great addition the Cyclo 2 trainer is to their regime.  I respect and value your opinion.   Thanks for everything you do for fitness and to help others.

Respectfully, Bopper

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut  These machines were on sale at Costco (about 2500).  The reasons you mentioned were stated as a benefit as well as neuropathy.  I used it for about 10 minutes and wanted to take it home!  I think it would be  great adjunct equipment if you already have a home gym.

@pegsuewrote:

hckynut-I wasn't diagnosed with any circulation problem but have noticed sometimes my feet or hands are especially cold, or tingling sometimes...I assume it comes with age...and I'm getting to that age, LOL.  Plus I have a desk job, I try to get up regularly and walk around but sometimes you cannot do that....and just thought it would be a positive addition to healthy eating and exercising and if it happens to help with circulation, bone density, the lymphatic system, cellulite, stress-that would be a plus!   

Honored Contributor

@bopperwrote:

Respectfully, Bopper

Hi @bopper,

My Total Gym is the 2000 which I have had probably over 20 years. I have never seen, or even know about this Cyclo 2  Trainer.  Bought several add-ons for my TG, like the Lat/Curl Bar/Handles for Shoulder Presses/Bar that goes across sled to add weight plates. 

Any video somewhere I can watch to check it out? I have my old ProForm Recumbent, and new True ES 900 Model Recumbent, for a lot of my Cardio and also for working my quads similar to ice skating. Use treadmill some, but not as much as recumbents since I got back to skating again.

Yep, trying to skate 3 times a week, and my Surgeon gave me the green light to return to my hard ice skating workouts after my recent Hernia Surgery. Was skating again after 2 weeks, but nothing that would risk pulling out the stitches holding the mesh in place from the surgery. Just got full green light for last Friday.

Always wear 1 of my Polar Heart Rate Monitors when working out, including skating. Can now get back to my Interval skating again. Do some shorter ones higher speed, and some longer ones to get heart rate up yo my Max. Need the quads leg power to keep my speed as my age goes up.

Thank you for your comment on enjoying reading some of my posts. Learned a lot from my own injury experiences, along with the Therapy needed to recover. Also lots of reading and attending a lot of Exercise Clinics or decades. A lot has changed, but the basics are pretty much the same, just improved in some aspects.

Appreciate if you can give me some info to see this Cyclo 2 Trainer.  Hope all is well with you and yours,

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

John you can view it on Totalgymdirect or the Q here has it.   

http://www.qvc.com/Total-Gym-Cyclo-Trainer-2.product.F250427.html?itemtId=223748299&sc=F250427-SHPL

There is a FB Total gym group which is where I heard about it and everyone loves it and it goes at the bottom of the glide board, you can pedal it at the bottom or you can push the board up and hover and peddal that way lifting your butt off the board for more hamstring and glue work.  You can also youtube cyclo 2 trainer workouts and watch a person actually using the trainer. 

So glad you are skating again, getting stronger every day!   I have a Proform recumbent bike too and my treadmill but sometimes my lower back hurts and now I have a hamstring/glute strain where it hurts to sit on my bike and walk on the treadmill so I thought about this thing.  Free shipping today so I need to decide.

Keep in touch, love hearing that you are doing so well!  We are also doing good, waiting for Spring!