Super Contributor

Sorry to read that you are feeling so awful.  I really believe that rest, staying warm and homemade chicken soup really help.  I have never taken Tamiflu but Ihope it works for you.  Good thoughts coming your way.  I did get my senior flu shot 3 weeks ago and have yearly and I haven't had the flu in many years.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 maybe sipping on some hot tea with a little honey and whiskey would help.i got my flu shot a few weeks ago,but that doesn't mean I won't get it.i work in the public for both jobs.people are constantly sneezing and coughing.keep us posted on your struggle with the flu

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@Kachina624   You said you got the vax -- Moderna, I believe.  Why didn't you get a flu shot?  Hope you get better soon.

@walkingal    I tried but my insurance refuses to pay the fee pharmacies charge to administer the shot, as Walgreens does.  I have better luck at CVS but they had no appointments available. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Order some Healthy Choice Chicken soup if you have a walmart.  There is an enzyme in chicken that actually makes you feel better!Smiley Happy

Get some rest!  Hugs!Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor

Kachina 624

Thinking of you,  get well soon,plenty of rest, hot tea, soup lots of water,or your favorite juice.

Be careful wear a sweater or jacket, when you let the dogs out, so you won't catch the cold air hit you.

Take care, be back on here soon as you can we all Miss you.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Hope you feel better soon.  I was lucky to get my flue shot at my doc's office last week of September while waiting for Moderna booster to be approved.  I really try to get a flu shot since I put it off too long several years ago and ended up going to the ER with the flu.  Was very sick and really appreciated getting the Tamiflu.  Take care and rest.  We are here with you.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

Hope you are feeling better today @Kachina624.

Honored Contributor

@LIndaMJ   Thanks, I am feel some better today than yesterday, although I stayed in bed until early afternoon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

I'm glad you're feeling a little better.  It does take time.

Many have given you some good advice.

Three years ago, the one year my husband didn't get his

flu shot, he got the flu!

When he was feeling a little better, I got him some Pho from a Vietnamese restaurant and it really made him

feel better (he loves that soup anyway).

Even the Chinese won ton or any chicken -broth base

soup is restorative (ask any Jewish mother! ha!)

My husband did lose five pounds and was weak for a

few days. 

Trusted Contributor

I think any soup with a little 'heat' added like chili oil, etc., does help with relieving the mucus in your nose/head also warms up your body temperature for a good sleep afterwards.   I remember as kids, if we stayed home from school due to a bad cold or the flu, my mom would tell us to sit outside in the sun for awhile for a dose of vitamin C, which I think really helped in the healing process.