Honored Contributor

@On It -----got my senior flu shot last week--the first of that kind for  me, am 67--and had no side effects at all and  mildly sore arm. I always get a flu shot----never have gotten the flu ever. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

I think any soup with a little 'heat' added like chili oil, etc., does help with relieving the mucus in your nose/head also warms up your body temperature for a good sleep afterwards.   I remember as kids, if we stayed home from school due to a bad cold or the flu, my mom would tell us to sit outside in the sun for awhile for a dose of vitamin C, which I think really helped in the healing process.

@SoCal Bred 

My mom did that with us, too. Guess it helps if you live in a climate where it's warm enough to sit outside all year long, like Cali or NOLA where I am.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LIndaMJ   Thanks, I am feel some better today than yesterday, although I stayed in bed until early afternoon. 

@Kachina624 

I saw this late last night Halloween and am so glad you're feeling better!!  Didn't see the original post as to when it all started as I've not been on the board much lately.

You'll still need the flu vaccine as not all flu are the same strain I'm guessing?  Hope you can find it at a reasonable cost.

I have Kaiser + Medicare and everything is pretty much covered.  Did get the Shingrix and flu shot last week, I'm going to guess it was the Shingrix that had me in bed the majority of the following day.

Have you gotten that one yet?  It's a whopper. 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   Yes, I got the Shringrix last Nov. and Jan.  It didn't affect me a bit.  I usually don't get a reaction when I have vaccines. 

I have great insurance but it refuses to pay pharmacies for administering shots.  All the vaccines I've gotten are free but I have to find a place that won't do that charge.  I've had good luck with CVS but lately they've been inundated.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment