Trusted Contributor

@hckynut Hi John, So glad to hear that your doctor found the problem and fixed it -'for good, I hope. Colonoscopies are a real drag, but necessary. Especially in your case. 

Take it easy if you can. And keep us posted. 

Thoughts are with you. ☺️

Respected Contributor

John, you are always knowledgeable on so many issues, unfortunately due to experience. I have big time stomach issues, but they have been under control lately. You are a wealth of information. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery now. Hope you and your wife have an a quiet Spring and Summer without any health issues popping. You deserve a break.

Respected Contributor

hi @hckynut  John !  i'm sorry to hears yu were under the weather! Happy to hear you're on the mend!   . wishing the best spring and summer for you and Cindy and all your little fur-lines!!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi John, came over here to read the details.  I do hope this means you are feeling better.  You're a brave man, my friend, I cannot do the colonoscopy procedure.

But the good news is that Medscape says there is now a blood test that seems to do the job.  Hoping that will be in use soon.

Hope Cindy is doing well!

Noel

Keep us posted on the blood test that would be awesome.  I will not do the colon procedure either and my Dr. has stopped even asking.  Mid 50's and not afraid of results but the test itself.  Buckets of blood do not bother me buckets of the other I cannot handle.  So glad John is better and back on-line.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

Good wishes!

Valued Contributor

Thinking of you John!

Hurry back to us all.  You are missed!

Respected Contributor

You're probably resting at home now, John. So happy to hear that everything turned out all right. Twenty colonoscopies??? Man Tongue I just had my second colonoscopy and had two polyps removed, so I am dreading having to go through it again in 5 years. I had the propofol also, but didn't wake up. I did wake up 10 years ago when I had the fentanyl and versed. The anesthetist told me that some people choose not to have any type of anesthesia...un, no thanks...not for me!

Anyway, hope you are recovering nicely at home. Keeping you in my prayers.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

I know everyone is sending you get well/feel better wishes 

and so do i !!Heart

Hurry back  we miss you!!Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.  Glad you are doing better.  And we hope you get to go home soon.  Best wishes always to you and your wife!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

I hope by the time you see this you're home and enjoying life with the furbutts and your wife, Cindy.  Hopefully, you're on the mend and as good as new.  Smiley Happy  If not, I hope you'll be home soon.  I'm sure your hockey guys are anxious to see you too.  Are they still bonkers?"  Life isn't the same without you.    Cat WinkCat LOL

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~