Honored Contributor

An additional thought about Fibro-

Before I was diagnosed there was a WONDERFUL group of gals here on one of the old QVC community boards, and through their help, I actually did finally receive my diagnosis, after being put off for many years by my truly excellent but very cautious internist.

In honor of those wonderful ladies, (are any of you still here?) I wanted to post something about diagnosis that I don't see mentioned too often- I have NO JOINT PAIN that I can attribute to Fibro.

What I have instead, is "soft tissue pain". My body tissue (BETWEEN my joints) burns and aches A LOT when I flare. It is very sensitive to touch. My JOINTS are flexible and pain free.

Most other fibro gripes I have- difficulty sleeping, brain fog, 17 out of 18 pain points, etc. But early on in the diagnostic process, it often seemed that I couldn't have fibro because my joints were fine.

My doctor was so skeptical of my condition that HE put off assessing the very simple "pain point" test because he was so sure I wouldn't have them. His proof was touchi g the first one and then having to peel me off the examini g room ceiling.

My point is- Fibro is an evil oponent, taking many forms, and if you are its victim, you must know it for what it is, what it isn't and what it may or may not be.

Respected Contributor

Re: An additional thought about Fibro-

@violann  You illustrate exactly what is already in my head.  It's always incumbent upon us to be our own physicians in a lot of ways.  Most of the people I know will just run to the doc whenever they have a pain here or there and expect to walk out of the doc's office cured.  I try to always listen to my body, and pay attention to what it's telling me.  I then do my own research, which may include outside info gathering, or it may only be checking back to see what I may have done recently that could have caused the problem.  I find that I can resolve most problems on my own. I think I'm wise enough by now to know when I really need to see a physician, but by then I'll have plenty of info ready to present to him or her.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@violann@2blonde

I remember regularly reading the fibro thread on the old boards. I am going to try to find it now, and if I do will post a link💙!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@violann@2blonde

I remember regularly reading the fibro thread on the old boards. I am going to try to find it now, and if I do will post a link💙!

@LTT1 They were so supportive to us all! I had gone to the doctor one time and was told it was "all in your head", and the team coached me through what to say to the doctor, and so I tried again, and by Golly it was a success!

Honored Contributor

@violann@2blonde

Here is a link, and by doing an Internet search, I found some names: baileykat; rubytuesday1

dated 2011. Can you remember anyone else who posted regularly here?

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Fibro-Chicks/m-p/129845#M55962

Honored Contributor

@violann

I may need some of that coaching now! 

Do you remember if the group mentioned taking their discussion to another forum? Under the search on google using "fibro chicks" it appears there are other discussions. HTH

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 I was posting in the older program. I finally got my diagnosis in 2006. I DO remember the "fibro chickies" nickname though!