Esteemed Contributor

Re: UTI QUESION

[ Edited ]

If you have an Urgent Care facility nearby I’d go there.They are just as good as ER just quicker & cheaper.

My friend had a UTI a few months ago & she went to Urgent Care.They provided her with excellent care.

You can then follow up with the urologist later.

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman I hope you were able to see someone today. If not, call your doctors office tomorrow, speak to the doctor, the nurse or the manager, tell them how you are feeling and ask them to please call the Urologist they recommended to get you in immediately. They just have to pick up the phone, call the Urologist and you will be seen that day. It's all the time. Doctors always fit in emergency patients. You may have to wait in the office for awhile. I managed a doctor's office for 15 years and that is how it's done. It is very easy for your doctor to do. I have had dozens of UTI infections. I have had about 29 kidney stones and have gotten a UTI with almost every time. The other posters are correct, it can get very serious. See someone tomorrow if you weren't able to see a doctor today. Drink lots of water and get a rx for pyridium from the doctor and continue to drink water. I agree with everything LipstickDiva said. I hope you get this under control fast and get some relief. We all feel for you!💐

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

Thanks @Coquille.  I have seen the Urologist and have a follow up on Monday.  I had a very bad reaction to he Macrobid my primary gave me last week.  Other than that I am feeling much better physically.  This has taken a toll on me mentally as well.  I just got weary and worried.  I've only had one other UTI and it was quite painful.  This one was not which according to the Urologist is not uncommon. 

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Thanks @Coquille.  I have seen the Urologist and have a follow up on Monday.  I had a very bad reaction to he Macrobid my primary gave me last week.  Other than that I am feeling much better physically.  This has taken a toll on me mentally as well.  I just got weary and worried.  I've only had one other UTI and it was quite painful.  This one was not which according to the Urologist is not uncommon. 

@KentuckyWoman I'm sure you're drained but relieved to hear you were seen and feeling better. These UTI's are a pain under normal circumstances.  Stay well!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman  I suggest D Mannose.

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman I was glad to read you're feeling better.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth