Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Sadly, most docs are not very familiar with most supplements. I trust a doc who is both an MD and a homeopathic one like Dr Andrew Weil, he is the best when it comes to supplements. 

@Shelbelle 

Dr. Weil's website is where I've learned a lot about many supps, especially turmeric. I trust what he says about most supps.

Super Contributor

My Dr. just said to take Turmeric but not how many mg. Right now i am taking 450mg once a day.

Honored Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

My Dr. just said to take Turmeric but not how many mg. Right now i am taking 450mg once a day.

@plc123 

Maybe you could ask your doctor about how much to take. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Anti-inflammatories are blood thinners. Those that are any type of prescribed blood thinner would be foolish if they do not check with their prescribing doctor. To my knowledge Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Based on some posts I read here, I began using Pure By Nature Turmeric Curcuminoids with Black Pepper Extract (100% organic).

A few days ago I posted about my rheumatologist wanting me to drastically cut back on NSAIDs.  To help with the transition I tried doubling up my fish oil and cucurmin supplements, and so far (knock on wood with my RA knuckles) things seem to be going smoothly.  I like the simplicity of the product (no fillers, etc.) and the price, too.