Honored Contributor

Tooth Extracted

[ Edited ]

OMG!  It took over a half hour to get it out.  It was not the dentist's fault as he was doing the back & forth with a tool around the tooth.  Finally the drill came out (not sure what the dentist did with it but he was drilling) and finally the tooth came out.  I was bleeding for 4 days & nights and I have a bruised up face near the area of the tooth.  I feel like I went through WWIII.  Love getting old.  Now I will have a few more teeth extracted and then I will get a partial.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 I feel for you!  I went through that back in October.  I can remember the crunching sound (awful!) getting the tooth out and bleeding for what to me seemed like a long time afterwards.  

Now it's all healed up and I need to make an appointment with the oral surgeon to start the next phase for an implant. ( already did a consult with him.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Tooth Extracted

[ Edited ]

Oh, that sounds like an awful experience.  I hope you feel better and heal nicely.

I have never had a tooth pulled...well, just my wisdom teeth.  Thankfully, I was under sedation.

I am getting old too. It is scary.  Thank goodness, we can get replacement parts if needed for some body parts.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

OMG!  It took over a half hour to get it out.  It was not the dentist's fault as he was doing the back & forth with a tool around the tooth.  Finally the drill came out (not sure what the dentist did with it but he was drilling) and finally the tooth came out.  I was bleeding for 4 days & nights and I have a bruised up face near the area of the tooth.  I feel like I went through WWIII.  Love getting old.  Now I will have a few more teeth extracted and then I will get a partial.

@Katcat1 

Oh my gosh!  I feel for you--literally!

I just had a tooth out this past week and I'm sitting here with it throbbing.  (Well, my mouth is throbbing since the tooth is obviously gone.😆)

I didn't have near that kind of experience.  In fact, mine came out before I even realized it.  But it had been infected and had a previous root canal so it wasn't in there real strong anymore.

I sure hope you feel better soon!💐

Honored Contributor

Re: Tooth Extracted

[ Edited ]

I never had a tooth extracted until a couple of days ago when I had SIX removed and implants put in right after that. I have grafts and stitches all over my gums.I was in surgery for over five hours. It was one of the worst things I have ever been through in my life. I have scleroderma and my lips do not stretch so my mouth doesn't open like normal. They had to stretch my lips to get inside my mouth and it felt like they were going to rip apart. I can hardly talk or move my mouth right now. Pain killers are barely working. I'm not in a good place right now. I go back tomorrow for a post-op exam and I'm going to ask for something better for my pain. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I am so sorry to hear you had a bad and painful experience.  I wish you  a speedy pain free recovery and implant experience.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

That sounds horrendous!  And here I've been whining about my one that was out in five minutes.  You make me ashamed of myself.  

I do hope you can get some better pain control--and soon.  In the meantime, take it easy.  Not that you have much choice from what it sounds like.  Do you have someone that can help you out if necessary?

💐❤️💐

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The last time I had a tooth pulled and saw the oral surgeon put his big tooth pulling pliers in to grab my tooth and wrangle it out, I was thinking how barbaric it seems!  I know there is no other way to do it but that’s what went through my mind. 😀

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1   I'm sorry about all the tooth trouble, that must have been terrible, 

I had lunch with my friend from high school this week. 
 She fell and broke her front tooth and just had it implanted. It looks good but she said it was quite a process!

Good luck with your other dental work, I hope you feel better soon. 
                 🦷 ‼️ 🔧

Frequent Contributor

Did you know that if you are having some bleeding - take a plain tea bag, moisten with hot water ( cool it), Place over the extraction  & bite down. Leave in place for 30 minutes.  The acid in the tea helps clotting. It may take more than 1 bag.  Hope this helps & you are doing better.