Honored Contributor

The Magic Pill...

[ Edited ]

Another great documentary film on the keto/low carb lifestyle...

It was a Netflix documentary from 2017...and currently available to watch for FREE on Roku.

For those who still choose to not believe this is a healthier way of eating...

For those who still chose not to watch the near 2 hr Fat Head educational documentary video...

Everything I have been trying to share about DH and my journey living this lifestyle since Sept 2018 to help others is actually encapsulated in 2 minutes...inspirational...brilliant! 

We will never go back to the conventional lifestyle again...ever. We couldn't be healthier now.

Google the following to see a 2 minute trailer...

THE MAGIC PILL | Official Trailer HD

Honored Contributor

Re: The Magic Pill...

[ Edited ]

Excellent documentary!  When we first decided to try keto, it was my umteenth attempt at weight loss (many years ago I lost a bunch on fen phen, put it all back on plus more) .  A couple of months into keto, I heard about The Magic Pill.  We watched it and were convinced that it needed to be our permanent lifestyle.  A little over two years later, we're still living and loving healthy keto, and so glad we made the decision.  

Super Contributor

I have seen the Magic Pill , great  doc. Clean strick keto here for 3 years . Never felt better . It's crazy what sugar, carbs & the standard American diet does to a body .

Honored Contributor

@GinzTonic wrote:

I have seen the Magic Pill , great  doc. Clean strick keto here for 3 years . Never felt better . It's crazy what sugar, carbs & the standard American diet does to a body .

@GinzTonic  SAD is indeed sad. 

Respected Contributor

The Magic Pill was created by Australian Celebrity chef Pete Evans. For more on this person, Google Peter Daryl Evans.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinzTonic wrote:

@GinzTonic  And quite miraculous how one's body heals/improves once the sugars/carbs/trans fats are removed and healthy fats are added...coconut, avacado & olive oils, butter, beef tallo and bacon grease.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Unless one is grossly overweight, why do so many people here equate loss with being healthier? I see nothing about blood workups/measured physical fitness testing results or genetics mentioned.

I see a lot of "I/we feel healthier now", but very little than how one feels. Many avoid doctors and life saving procedures because they "feel good". Unfortunately, feeling good is not the best indicator of life threatening health issues.

Many also equate good health(or feeling good) with being physically fit, and physically fit with being healthy. They are 2 completely different things, when it comes to the human body and brain.

I have yet to see age numbers by @Susan Louise and DH/length of feeling so good/any mention of physical fitness, much less how it was attained, and maintained.

As I said in my several other posts there is no 1 magic anything, that will effect everyone the same. No such thing as "A Magic Pill", as you have called it. And the title of this thread: "The Magic Pill"?

Another poster comes to mind when reading the way @Susan Louise  posts. Her was was the only way to get healthy/stay healthy(nothing about the importance of physical fitness)/it even cured diseases. Will that be next on these threads?

I have had my own beliefs on health and physical fitness going back to the late 1960. Unless someone asks me "specific questions", I offered nothing about what I ate or how I trained for physical fitness. I still seldom stray from it.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut  I don't know what else to say to you John unless you change your mind and watch the videos. There are lots of slender folks who eat a poor diet of high carbs sugars/trans fats and don't gain weight who have heart/blood pressure/high blood sugar and other health issues.

In the Fat Head video I tried to have others watch, a Dr stated that the hardest folks to convince they have to change their diet because of their health issues are actually those who don't gain weight! The slender folks think they are doing it right...

example...skim milk and cereal or toast.

It is the high glycemic index that makes that a poor diet...has more sugar than a snickers bar. Skim milk eliminates good fat one's brain needs.

Just an example of why that video is called Fat Head.

We were spoon fed by the gov/pharma about 50 yrs ago to live a low fat diet. DH and I believe the gov/pharma til Sept 2018 when we changed to a low carb/keto lifestyle.

Poof! Our fat started to melt off, I take no meds, DH takes about 75% less meds, our brains aren't in a fog anymore and we feel like we are in our 30's/40's.

If we didn't become insulin resistant from eating all those carbs/sugars/trans fat that the gov/pharma spoonfed us for decades with that USDA upside-down food pyramid, we would have not gained all this weight.

Some folks gain weight being insulin resistant like we did. Others don't, but still get high blood sugar. Most folks when they are slim don't bother to get their blood sugar checked until there is a serious health issue developed when their body gives out.

I've mentioned many times DH has gone to the Dr to get a check-up...blood levels checked since he has been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic. I was pre-diabetic. We both now have normal blood sugar levels and DH is off of both of his diabetic meds.

What else can I say?

All of this info is included in the videos. Again, there is nothing more I can say if you don't watch the videos.

I keep thinking of an old saying my Grandpa used to tell me...

"You can lead a horse to water..."

Lets just agree to disagree.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut  Well said!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Unless one is grossly overweight, why do so many people here equate loss with being healthier? I see nothing about blood workups/measured physical fitness testing results or genetics mentioned.

I see a lot of "I/we feel healthier now", but very little than how one feels. Many avoid doctors and life saving procedures because they "feel good". Unfortunately, feeling good is not the best indicator of life threatening health issues.

Many also equate good health(or feeling good) with being physically fit, and physically fit with being healthy. They are 2 completely different things, when it comes to the human body and brain.

I have yet to see age numbers by @Susan Louise and DH/length of feeling so good/any mention of physical fitness, much less how it was attained, and maintained.

As I said in my several other posts there is no 1 magic anything, that will effect everyone the same. No such thing as "A Magic Pill", as you have called it. And the title of this thread: "The Magic Pill"?

Another poster comes to mind when reading the way @Susan Louise  posts. Her was was the only way to get healthy/stay healthy(nothing about the importance of physical fitness)/it even cured diseases. Will that be next on these threads?

I have had my own beliefs on health and physical fitness going back to the late 1960. Unless someone asks me "specific questions", I offered nothing about what I ate or how I trained for physical fitness. I still seldom stray from it.

hckynut 

That poster is the same one that I have been thinking about as well. She has not posted in a long time. I hope that she is well.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky