Honored Contributor

@Tyak , not sure if this is what you mean but I’ve had Synvisc One injections for the past four years, one set a year.  I initially, I was told to get them once a year.  Then a couple of years ago my orthopedic doctor said to come back in six months because the guidelines had changed.  Well, I kept my yearly schedule, only going around March or April because, for me, the right knee (almost bone to bone)  injection was very painful for a few seconds, whereas, the left knee injection was less so and I dreaded going.  

It takes about a month to know if the injections help.  So far, so good.  I got the lastest one about three weeks ago and he made me get an appointment for six months from now because he said I was hurting myself in the long run waiting a whole year for my exercising, etc to become painful first.  What I like most about Synvisc One is that it’s one visit to him rather than a series of injections.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I think the injections can be helpful if you still have some cartilage left in your knee for the Synvisc fluid to "glomb" onto. ( I joked that I was having "chicken lips" injected into my knee, since the stuff is made from chicken combs or something!) 

Unfortunately, by the time I had the series of injections, I was bone-on-bone, so I ended up needing a knee replacement.