Honored Contributor

How do they do that?  Wonder if any damage is done to the enamel on teeth using some of the different teeth whiteners.

Honored Contributor

I know.  I wonder that myself.  My dentist told me one time that some people's teeth just get whiter than others.  I have very sensitive teeth and gums so I would be afraid to try some of these whitening systems.  I have tried in the past those strips and they didn't do much at all for me.  As for the systems at the dentist, I would think those would be very caustic --- don't know??

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think some look almost too white.  

Frequent Contributor

Whiteners may damage tooth dentin; see below:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190409135928.htm

Esteemed Contributor

Yet, there have been threads asking what products to use in order to get your teeth super white.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Super white teeth? They jump out at you and look fake.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been cautioned about enamel damage and have fluoride swabbed on every six months now.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Super white teeth

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

How do they do that?  Wonder if any damage is done to the enamel on teeth using some of the different teeth whiteners.

I think a lot of it are veneers. It looks strange to me but I have noticed it you are in the media or a model or actress it is necessary. Personally, I don't like teeth that practically glow in the dark. 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Some of them look like they have a mouth full of "glow in the dark" Chicklets!  So unnatural!

When I was having my teeth bonded, my dentist related how one of his patients insisted on "optic white" teeth - the Chicklet look!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal 

most of the time it is veneers  that have been used. Few people naturally have straight white white teeth.  Maybe a lucky few... but, not many.