Honored Contributor

That's usually the first thing I notice about a person...on TV...sometimes their teeth are so white, I think they look ridiculous and wonder if they realize how overly bright and  white their teeth are.

Respected Contributor

fwiw - My dentist said that in order for teeth to look natural, they should match the whites of your eyes.

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

fwiw - My dentist said that in order for teeth to look natural, they should match the whites of your eyes.

In that case, mine would be red sometimes. I have allergies and my eyes get bloodshot.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

How do they do that?  Wonder if any damage is done to the enamel on teeth using some of the different teeth whiteners.

I think a lot of it are veneers. It looks strange to me but I have noticed it you are in the media or a model or actress it is necessary. Personally, I don't like teeth that practically glow in the dark. 

LOL.....I think of Ross from the show Friends where his teeth were whitened that they glowed in the dark LOL!!  

I would just like mine to be whiter then they are presently without sensitivity or hurting my enamel.  Everything I have tried including a product from dentist bothers my teeth too much.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

LOL.....I think of Ross from the show Friends where his teeth were whitened that they glowed in the dark LOL!!  

I would just like mine to be whiter then they are presently without sensitivity or hurting my enamel.  Everything I have tried including a product from dentist bothers my teeth too much.

That was my first thought, as well.   Smiley Very Happy   Ross had some great storylines - the white teeth (who has a black light!), the leather pants, the couch, the tanning booth, the 'growth'.  Probably more that don't come to mind in this moment.   

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I think some look almost too white.  

@Krimpette    Exactly!  They look unnatural.  Antonella is a good example.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
Silliest look is those super white teeth on someone in their 70’s or 80’s. Ridiculous and so fake looking.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   Teeth aren’t supposed to be glow-in-the-dark white. Not anyone’s teeth! I don’t care how they do it - it looks ridiculous and I feel embarrassed for them when I see it. 

Teeth are varying shades of ivory when at their best. 

Trusted Contributor

I have tried it all.  The OTC whiteners last me for about a week but then I drink a lot of tea and eat a lot of blueberries.  To preserve the whiteness  I used to at least rinse my mouth out after drinking tea but that became too cumbersome.  I've also had a pretty expensive professional whitening procedure at my dentist and that lasted a bit longer maybe a month or two.  But for only a month or two iit wasn't worth it.  From what I have read it isn't safe for teeth to chronically use these whiteners.

As someone said the ultra white teeth are either veneers or caps.  Very many celebrities have capped their front teeth for aesthetics including whiteness.  It's a good investment for their careers I guess.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Valued Contributor

I use an occasional bleach tray from my dentist.  My teeth are not 'white white' by any stretch - they just look nice.

You know - 'too much anything' looks fake (tan, long nails, big lips, chest, lashes, long hair, etc.).  Beauty should just be a better version of yourself if that's what you like.  

I will be 65 in a few months and I am very cognizant that I want to look nice but not overdone. 

Just my 2 cents Smiley Happy