Honored Contributor

@violann 

They are so many good things with sugar - wow --- you go to stores and it's everywhere!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@godi 

This describes me exactly!  I envy people who can just eat a square of chocolate and then they're done!  I know I am addicted, too, and it will be a lifetime struggle!  Cat Frustrated  

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva 

Yes, I certainly know which one I am!!!  

Honored Contributor

@happycat 

I gained about that as well!  I hate being told I can't eat something -- it usually makes me worse!  LOL  Any way, I was so disgusted with myself --- I said ---  I need to get a grip.  I don't feel good --- I don't look good --- so, here goes!  Be strong, friend --- we can do this!!!  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

I already do eat lots of fruits and veges, etc.  My regular diet is not that bad.  But I know my problem is the sweets!  I can't get rid of everything because DH likes what he likes, so some temptations are still around.  I have to turn a blind eye!  Good luck to you as well.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine 

I went that route also.  Buying little packs of things thinking that would get me to eat little bits instead of big bits!  Nope--- ate them all up!  I know I will fall off the wagon sometimes but I just need to keep picking myself back up.  I'm hopeful and that's important!  You sound like you have a good handle on it!  

Honored Contributor

@jubilant 

I don't use sugar at all in my tea or coffee so that's one positive I already have!  I agree with what you say and it works for you! 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic 

I had just the total opposite experience growing up. We did not have candy like hardly ever and no snack cakes and things of this nature.  When I wanted something sweet, I would have an apple or some raisins.  So, I really did not get raised with a bunch of sweets.  I always did have a sweet tooth and have sure made up for it after I grew up! I know that sugar is damaging to the body, but it sure does still taste good to me!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks, you're very kind!  I eat pretty well with the exception of the sweet treats. Right now I am better off with just doing without them.  I am trying to train my mind and body to not want or need them! 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

I know what you mean.  I know several people who say --- I couldn't care less about sweets! But they do love salty snacks and this is not really good either!  Your treat sounds good!