Honored Contributor

Re: Strange Location for Muscle Pull

[ Edited ]

@Frosted Cake wrote:

Upon further investigation, it's the Periformis syndrome, very common indeed.

I did the stretch shown on this website and it really helped.    I sometimes am guilty of wearing the same walking shoes too long, because they are so comfortable.  One of the reasons for this muscle pull is ill fitting shoes, apparently.

So, I took out another pair that I had bought a while back and will wear those tomorrow on my walk.

So glad the stretch they showed worked and loosened it up a bit.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/hip-groin-pain/piriformis-syndrome

That's it. I had that on my left side several years ago. Now I have it on the right side. The pain went down the left side of my leg. I had to do stretches, use the heating pad & had DH rub the area with one of those Goosebump massage balls Q sold years ago. That massage ball really helps. Riding our recumbent bike seems to be aggravating it.

Frequent Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

Upon further investigation, it's the Periformis syndrome, very common indeed.

I did the stretch shown on this website and it really helped.    I sometimes am guilty of wearing the same walking shoes too long, because they are so comfortable.  One of the reasons for this muscle pull is ill fitting shoes, apparently.

So, I took out another pair that I had bought a while back and will wear those tomorrow on my walk.

So glad the stretch they showed worked and loosened it up a bit.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/hip-groin-pain/piriformis-syndrome

Thanks for sharing this @Frosted Cake.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

piriformis info

I have been dealing with this too, PITA literally

Thanks.