Valued Contributor

A few days ago, there was a product shown that helps to relieve lower back pain. It was a piece of equipment around $ 59.00. You lay on the floor and then use pressure to squeeze hips together. I can't remember what it was and wanted to do a bit more research on it. Anyone have a clue what I am talking about?

Contributor

Re: lower back pain reliever

Yes, I have it and have recommended it to family members who also suffer from various low back issues. It is called the Lo Bak Trax and it is one of Lori Grenier's products. It was invented by a chiropractor that she knows.  It operates on the same principal as using a traction machine where you hang upside down....only much more convenient! It's just one small piece of equipment that looks like bicycle handlebars. 

The reason I wanted to try it is that it's recommended for stenosis (which I have) and also disc problems (I have pretty bad degeneration of the lower discs).  Just using it 5 minutes or so every day is very easy and I think it is helping me move and walk better!

Watch the video on QVC where it is demonstrated and read the reviews (they're mostly very positive) and also on amazon.  If you decide to try it, be sure and watch the instruction video and know also that you don't have to do it on the floor. You can also do it on your bed when you wake up or before bedtime...but, flat with no pillow.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It looks like a good back reliever, however how is your bed?  I had lower back issues and Sciatica.  I bought the select comfort bed and my pain went away.  Good luck.  I have hip issues, so I don't  know if this would work for me.  I'm also under the care of a PT and would have to ask her if this is ok.  

Trusted Contributor

It is sold out, but I bought one at eb ay for $16 Worth a try at that price.

Occasional Contributor

It is a nice product. I have brought this product. And I am happy with the product. It is worth buying..

Esteemed Contributor

@elruth wrote:

A few days ago, there was a product shown that helps to relieve lower back pain. It was a piece of equipment around $ 59.00. You lay on the floor and then use pressure to squeeze hips together. I can't remember what it was and wanted to do a bit more research on it. Anyone have a clue what I am talking about?

You must remember all of devices on the market for retail sales say, "for temporary relief of back pain". Even the Teeter Inversion Tables, which in my opinion are the best, say those exact words.

To really help the lumbar area of one's back, certain exercises should be done daily, and even 2 or 3 times a day. A stable back requires strong abdominal muscles/strong spinal erector muscles(erector spinae), and the more flexible the erector muscles, the less chance of back injuries.

If one is looking for " for only temporary back relief"?  One of many gadgets may work. If one is looking for a more stable spine, which prevents or lessens back pain along with reducing injuries? 

Strong abdominal Core Muscles/Strong and very flexible Spinal Erector(Erector Spinae) muscles are the key for those looking for more than "temporary relief".

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I like the Back Magic - I got it on QVC years ago,but can only find it on the internet now.  I used it the other day because my back was out.  It is a arched piece of plastic with an open area down the center.  I used to go to chiropractor, but last time I went, he adjusted my neck and I couldn't move it for weeks.  No more chiropractor, I depend on my Back Magic. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you looked into Miracle stretch?

Trusted Contributor

I got the thing from QVC not that long ago,  didn't work for me and I sent it back....I guess you never know.......I have Spinal Stenosis and have had the spinal injection and that also did not work.....also cost me "$500.00 after insurance paid whatever they were going to pay....Dr. wants to do a 2ndk shot....still debating that one.....

Trusted Contributor

@elruth wrote:

saw one on EBAY for $9.95 plus shipping.....don't invest the 59.00.....way too expensive......it's the same one as on QVC by Lori Grenier.....