Contributor

Does anyone know if stomach pains can be the only symptom of Corona?  No vomiting or bowel issues.   Just pains in abdomen.   No fever or coughing.

Super Contributor

I haven't heard anything saying that would be a symptom without other things going on.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stomach pains

[ Edited ]

Here is a list of symptoms of Covid-19, the disease caused by the Corona virus.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

If your stomach pains are not accompanied by any of these, I think you can safely rule out Covid-19 until you can be tested. 

Commonly, abdominal  pains are caused by constipation or diverticulitis.  A doctor or urgent care clinic can help you better than the Internet or a shopping channel forum. 

Contributor

It's my daughter that is having the stomach issue.  She did call her doctor and set up an appointment.

Honored Contributor

@marip -

The disturbing and anxiety producing thing is it seems that every symptom under the sun can be a symptom of this d.... virus!

I know in my family we have often wondered if this or that was the virus.

I think if it goes away, not to worry.

I think stomach pains are also one of the most common troublesome things we all experience.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@marip  I don't think so, but good that she is checking with the doctor.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@marip 

@marip wrote:

Does anyone know if stomach pains can be the only symptom of Corona?  No vomiting or bowel issues.   Just pains in abdomen.   No fever or coughing.

I get that about a few times a month.  The cause was either strong coffee, excedrin for pain.

What I keep in the pantry, first Is peppermint tea.  This usually takes care of it.  If it doesn,t, next step is Alavera juice.  This definitely stops it.

The Dr. Did an endoscopy and everything ok.

The Ala Vera juice is called, stomach formula and health food stores should have it.  I got mine at Whole foods. Works like a charm.

Respected Contributor

Stomach pains could be from anything.  I once thought I had indigestion and it turned out to be appendicitis.  See a doctor.

Honored Contributor

@marip wrote:

@marip Yes, some patients had only abdominal distress as their symptoms. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Stomach pains

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

Here is a list of symptoms of Covid-19, the disease caused by the Corona virus.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

If your stomach pains are not accompanied by any of these, I think you can safely rule out Covid-19 until you can be tested. 

Commonly, abdominal  pains are caused by constipation or diverticulitis.  A doctor or urgent care clinic can help you better than the Internet or a shopping channel forum. 

@gizmogal @Respectfully, these are the most common symptoms seen. You do not have to have any of them to be sick with COVID-19. You can have one symptom when presenting, and it doesn't  not have to be on this list. You can't rule out COVID-19 if you have abdominal distress with none of the other symptoms listed. A case like this would not be the most likely to test positive, but there are cases that have done so.