Respected Contributor

Re: So Hard Starting My eight week slim down!

Wow, Halo117, your story is impressive!  You have so much info and motivation to share.  Do you get to share it with your Weight Watchers group members?  They should write you up for their newsletter or something.

Respected Contributor

Oh, LOL yes I get to share. I never thought that I would be a winner in this. I still have a ways to go but truly, little steps make the difference and if you mess up just get back on track and you will be OK. I am headed for my 50 pound charm (they give you charms at milestones), I anticipate in June I will hit that. I will be emotionally that day for sure. There is a lot more to my story, I started off my young life, teens, 20's and 30's normal, slim but I was in an abusive relationship for a long time. He not only physically abused me but mentally. Called me names, always told me "I was as big as a house" you get the picture. This weight loss journey for me is quite personal, I have been out of the relationship for 4 years now and am getting my life back. I never, ever thought I could do this. If I can anyone can. 

Respected Contributor

Once you get past eating so many items with added sugar it gets easier. Don't call yourself on a diet, and you will be successful and stay that way. Over months and years I have replaced my food types and now I am used to the way I eat. I can occasionally eat high calorie meals and not gain weight. Good luck!
Respected Contributor

I've been eating low carb since last September and have lost 60 pounds.  It was hard to get started, but after a couple of weeks, my cravings for carbs went away.  I've slipped a few times and have been able to get right back on it.  Right now, I'm struggling a little because I quit smoking 12 days ago and I've gained 5 pounds.  I'm working hard to get back to eating right.  Good luck to everyone and congratulations on your losses.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Over the last 9 months since my last hip surgery, I gained several unwanted pounds.....I hate it! I am walking daily and Just started  watching my calories in and out. I always eat healthy, but, I was just eating too big of portions lately......

the first few days ARE SO HARD!  I know I just need to reprogram my appetite  to less food. I hope in two months to lose this tummy I put on.  

Anyone else  on the same road as me to get fit?

@SeaMaiden

How are you doing?   To avoid overwhelming yourself, just think "one day at a time" .... it will get easier as you start dropping pounds.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've started again.  Been on this particular weight loss  journey since Jan 3rd. Just hit the 30 pound loss mark.  Went from a 1x, verging on 2x down to an xl. A  loss of 60 pounds is the goal. I've lost and regained the same  sixty twice before.

This time feels different.  Since I've exercised almost daily all my life despite my size I've  managed to avoid having to take meds.  I'm one of those aberrations called overweight but fit by my long time doctor.  However,  she has warned that at 53 that may not last forever.

So,  hubby bought me the Fitbit   model simply called ONE. ONE is sold on QVC as item E271687. Also sold on Amazon. Best gift I ever received.  I wear it every day,  all day.  I reset the daily step goal for 8,000 instead of 10,000. I'm getting fit enough that I've increased to 9,000 and will rest to 10,000 soon. It tracks all my food and exercise, let's me know how many cals I have left,  etc. 

I find it cheaper and easier than WW, which I did in the past.  This is a one time outlay of $ and then no monthly costs.  Also,  I'm not a meeting person. 

So,  to the OP or anyone else interested,  I highly endorse either WW or Fitbit ONE.

TO MYSELF: I've made the deal to continue to be accountable once the weight is off and NEVER go off program.

Congrats to everyone giving their best effort. I feel for you. This isn't an easy road. 

Respected Contributor

Yes but by the fall we can be where we want to be. We could use this thread to stay accountable to each other. Help each other out. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Over the last 9 months since my last hip surgery, I gained several unwanted pounds.....I hate it! I am walking daily and Just started  watching my calories in and out. I always eat healthy, but, I was just eating too big of portions lately......

the first few days ARE SO HARD!  I know I just need to reprogram my appetite  to less food. I hope in two months to lose this tummy I put on.  

Anyone else  on the same road as me to get fit?

@SeaMaiden

How are you doing?   To avoid overwhelming yourself, just think "one day at a time" .... it will get easier as you start dropping pounds.

@Tinkrbl44  I am doing good! Watching and being conscious of my food and upped my walk to an hour a day. Getting stronger!  One day at a time....I love that! Thank for asking how I am!