Respected Contributor

Is anyone here a member of Slim4Life?  If so, how do you like it?  I'm thinking about looking into it. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I’m anxious to see comments you may receive. I know nothing about this program.

Respected Contributor

I've never heard of it either but would like to see more information on it. 

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess @Catty2

Before retiring from a municipality, employees could participate for free if they were overweight.  There would be a weigh-in on a regular basis.  If an employee gained at the end of the program, they had to pay.

I did not qualify so don't have any info to share.  I've gone to the website for clues as to what the meal plans look like and the cost.  They do offer a free consultation.  According to my fellow employees, meal plans are healthy - lean meat, lots of fish, veggies, fruits.  I'm currently maintaining my weight eating just such foods, but have hit the wall.  Can't seem to make headway.  I have lost 17 lbs. on my own.  Need 10 to go.

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@OKPrincess @Catty2

Before retiring from a municipality, employees could participate for free if they were overweight.  There would be a weigh-in on a regular basis.  If an employee gained at the end of the program, they had to pay.

I did not qualify so don't have any info to share.  I've gone to the website for clues as to what the meal plans look like and the cost.  They do offer a free consultation.  According to my fellow employees, meal plans are healthy - lean meat, lots of fish, veggies, fruits.  I'm currently maintaining my weight eating just such foods, but have hit the wall.  Can't seem to make headway.  I have lost 17 lbs. on my own.  Need 10 to go.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I haven’t heard of the plan before and was curious as to what others have to say. I’m one of those people who never worried about weight gain. Never an issue. Now that I’m older and retired, weight crept up on me. Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

Back in the early 90s I tried a similar program. They didn't provide food kits like Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig, they gave you a meal plan and sold a lot of supplements. It didn't work for me - I gained weight the first two weeks. The only thing it made lighter was my wallet.

Checking the Slim4Life program, I see it looks very similar, with the basic program starter set including:

• 2 Starter Bottles of Metabolizer Appetite Suppressant
  • 1 Bottle of Slim700 Carbohydrate and Sugar Blocker
  • 1 Bottle of EFAs (made specifically for weight loss)
  • 1 Bottle of Slim Vitamins
  • 1 Orange Boost4Life (anti-oxidant energy drink)
  • 1 Wildberry Boost4Life (anti-oxidant energy drink)

I don't believe you need any of those things. These kinds of systems rely on gimmicks you don't need and products that can even be harmful. Anyone who is selling you a suite of pills to help you lose weight isn't looking out for you. They couple these pills that don't work with what actually works - a healthy meal plan - and charge you a lot of money for what you can get from some good cook books and a calorie counter.

Save yourself the money - get some healthy cookbooks and a calorie counter. If you need someone to help you be accountable, like the "counselors" they offer, sign up for a forum site like SparkPeople, where you can even get free meal plans and talk to people who are trying to work on their own healthy habits.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland

Thanks so much for the info.  So glad I posted here before making an appt for consultation.  Really appreciate your help.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  I agree these ingrediants are not necessary, in fact they are harmful not healthy.

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Checking the Slim4Life program, I see it looks very similar, with the basic program starter set including:

• 2 Starter Bottles of Metabolizer Appetite Suppressant
  • 1 Bottle of Slim700 Carbohydrate and Sugar Blocker
  • 1 Bottle of EFAs (made specifically for weight loss)
  • 1 Bottle of Slim Vitamins
  • 1 Orange Boost4Life (anti-oxidant energy drink)
  • 1 Wildberry Boost4Life (anti-oxidant energy drink) 

Save yourself the money - get some healthy cookbooks and a calorie counter. If you need someone to help you be accountable, like the "counselors" they offer, sign up for a forum site like SparkPeople, where you can even get free meal plans and talk to people who are trying to work on their own healthy habits.