Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

For flu ,for kids ,and adults, why?

@goldensrbest 

You really don't know? I would say something, but! Think I'll pass on this one.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

For flu ,for kids ,and adults, why?

I haven't heard of any shortage of adult meds.  Too much RSV, flu and Covid, not enough people getting flu shots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It has been on the news several days now about the shortage of OTC meds. There is a shortage because people hoard.  They buy more than what they need and what they don't need, just in case.

As a poster stated upthread, it's just like the toilet paper fiasco.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Q systems are messed up again this morning. I kept receiving notice that my comment didn't post. Sorry for the duplicate.

@CalminHeart    You can delete the one with no responses.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Reasons.

1. U.S. pharma outsourced manufacturing to other countries for cheap labor and higher profits.

2. China had another big covid outbreak. Just this week, it lifted it's no-movement crackdown. Now, people can to go back to work to manufacture these meds.

"I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of big pharma. They are more interested in profits than people and our country".

@CalminHeart 

I agree with your above paragraph. And who allows them to do that? I hear a lot of talk, but I believe in action. Enough talking already, do something!

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

About 2 months ago, I suggested my DD stock up (not hoarde) the typical OTC meds, like Tylenol, both pills & liquids, etc.

There are certain pediatric OTC allergy meds her DS needs, she picked up 2 bottles of each.

Going forward, we will all need to be pro-active, not get caught flat footed with any needs, not just drugs.

"COVID changed everything"

@software 

My thoughts! The reaction to it is what changed, or should I say, overreaction?

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Amoxicillin is in short supply locally right now.

Honored Contributor

I always try to have the basic OTC meds on hand, including cold meds. 

In October I bought some cold meds for day, night and whatnot.  They have an expiration date of 12/2024, so they can sit around for a while.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn , No i don't know, i would had thought   this would had been anticipated by  suppliers, we lucked out last year,every one was wearing masks ,low flu season. And also there was not a over reaction to covid last year,i feel.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Shortage of medications

[ Edited ]

India has been having a lot of flooding. Factories, workers, supplies, raw materials and everything else it takes to run drug manufacturing facilities have shut down. The US gets a lot drugs, raw materials to make drugs and supps from over there.