Trusted Contributor
I had both my shingles shots and the first one hurt far worse than the second one. My arm was sore for 2 weeks. First couple of days I had trouble lifting my arm. The second shot went much better and was only sore a day or two. Weird. But two different pharmacists did them so I guess the second ones technique was much better!! Lol
Trusted Contributor

At my last doctor appointment end of last month she asked if I'd gotten my shingles shots. I said no. I told her I would get it soon. I've heard from people who have had side effects from it and there are 2 shots. Then she said I need to get pneumonia shots in 6 month when I turn 65 and it's 2 shots. I'm not afraid of shots but I am not looking  forward to the shingles shots. I guess it is better than getting shingles though. I've heard they are expensive so I need to check to see if my insurance pays. I'm just a little vaccinated out so to speak. Not trying to start anything.  

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:
I had both my shingles shots and the first one hurt far worse than the second one. My arm was sore for 2 weeks. First couple of days I had trouble lifting my arm. The second shot went much better and was only sore a day or two. Weird. But two different pharmacists did them so I guess the second ones technique was much better!! Lol

That is a big reason why I am not in a hurry to get the shot. My husband got the first shingles shot, he had a large swollen red area on his arm. It bothered him for well over a week and it was probably 2 weeks.

After seeing his arm and hearing how much his arm hurt, I am in no hurry.

Valued Contributor

My husband had Shingles this passed April. Our Dr 9He's a Dermatologist) told my Husband once he had Shingles that he will have natural immunity. Much like when we were kids getting Chicken Pox & Measles. He asked me if I wanted the Shots and I said NO.My friend just took them and got shingles a few weeks after. I said I'll pass.