Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I got my Shingrix shots last year, got a fever both times for just one day. tetanus is a shot I refuse to get unless I am in a situation where I need one. Last one i had years ago, I could not sleep for 5 nights after, horrible experience. 

@Shelbelle - I didn't do well with my last tetanus shot either, way back in 2011.  I didn't feel well for weeks.  I'm due for one now, but not doing it unless I have to.

My last one was in 1994, and I am hoping it was truly my last one !!!

Honored Contributor

I got my Shingrix last November and January and don't even remember any side effects so I guess I didn't have any.  No sore arm either. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had the flu, shingles, and Pneumovax shots all at the same time.  

Had to get them anyway and figured why make separate trips.

Wasn't that big a deal, but pain tolerance - and even just being uncomfortable - depends on your biology and life experiences.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee @Did you get two doses?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@SilleeMee @Did you get two doses?

@Mindy D 

Yes I did. That is the recommended schedule for Shingrix.

Respected Contributor

Please be aware my doctor had the newer 2 part shingles shot and she still got the shingles so far 3X after the shot.

I know nothing is ever guaranteed .

She told me if you feel tired, take a nap.  If you feel stressed, do something relaxing.  Biggest contributor to shingles, stress.  True or not, that's what my doctor told me.

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

I'm 55 years old and had my first of two shingles vaccines. Boy, does my arm hurt!  But better than actually getting shingles. I'm also due for a tetanus shot, second shingles shot, and eventually the Covid booster. Total of 4 shots within the next 6 months. Ouch.  💉💉💉💉

Edited update: Have had a headache for most of the day, extreme fatigue, and let's just say, some other "unpleasant" side effect. I slept a lot yesterday and am feeling better. Now I need to eat something.

Super Contributor

I got shingles a year ago. I had it on my upper thigh close to my torso. I had both shots. My arm was sore. After my second shot, I felt fatigued the next say. Glad I got it.

Trusted Contributor

I got the 2 part Shingrex vaccines a year ago and I'm so glad I did because I don't want to get shingles!  YIKES

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

I'm 55 years old and had my first of two shingles vaccines. Boy, does my arm hurt!  But better than actually getting shingles. I'm also due for a tetanus shot, second shingles shot, and eventually the Covid booster. Total of 4 shots within the next 6 months. Ouch.  💉💉💉💉

@Lisa Y 

May I make a suggestion .....   if you are getting a shot in a doctor's exam room, have them do it in the butt.  For some weird reason, any time I've ever gotten a shot in my arm, I invariably bump into something and it makes my arm even more sore!  So, I now get anything in the butt, and none ever bother me, at all.