Trusted Contributor

I'm 55 years old and had my first of two shingles vaccines. Boy, does my arm hurt!  But better than actually getting shingles. I'm also due for a tetanus shot, second shingles shot, and eventually the Covid booster. Total of 4 shots within the next 6 months. Ouch.  💉💉💉💉

Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

I'm 55 years old and had my first of two shingles vaccines. Boy, does my arm hurt!  But better than actually getting shingles. I'm also due for a tetanus shot, second shingles shot, and eventually the Covid booster. Total of 4 shots within the next 6 months. Ouch.  💉💉💉💉

My arm hurt like crazy too.  Also, swollen and beet red!  I'm due for second shot in early September and flu shot in October and then COVID booster in late November.

Much better than getting sick!

Frequent Contributor

I am your age and had my Shingles vaccine 3 weeks ago.  Ouch, my arm hurt, too.  I also had fatigue, a rash at the injection site and was very fatigued.  Dreading the second dose in late Sept.  

Respected Contributor

It's been a while since I had my shingles shot but I remember having more side effects from that than any other shots I've received.

But, the side effects only lasted a day or two.

Honored Contributor

I got my Shingrix shots last year, got a fever both times for just one day. tetanus is a shot I refuse to get unless I am in a situation where I need one. Last one i had years ago, I could not sleep for 5 nights after, horrible experience. 

Respected Contributor

@Lisa Y  I know the feeling.  One of my team mates got shingles and it was so bad, it motivated the rest in the department to go get their shots.

Haven't had a tetanus shot in many, many years, but that should probably be on my list.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Re: Shingles shot

[ Edited ]

I got the Shingrix when it first came out in 2017. CDC says it's good for at least five years but they don't recommend a booster...??

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't think vaccination posts were allowed. I read the TOS, but am still kind of confused as to what can be posted and what will be removed. It seems that the rules have changed. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I think the only vaccination post not permitted are the ones meant to bait, stir controversy, and be divisive. There's a difference.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I got my Shingrix shots last year, got a fever both times for just one day. tetanus is a shot I refuse to get unless I am in a situation where I need one. Last one i had years ago, I could not sleep for 5 nights after, horrible experience. 

@Shelbelle - I didn't do well with my last tetanus shot either, way back in 2011.  I didn't feel well for weeks.  I'm due for one now, but not doing it unless I have to.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?