Honored Contributor

Re: Shingles Vaccine Shingrix

So does the second shot make your feel sick like the first one did? I feel really rotten even after 24 hours. I couldn't sleep last night either. My whole body aches really bad. Maybe I should take something for that but I'm hoping this will go away soon.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee, yes, unfortunately. I had the second shot last week, and the side effects were all there for several days.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

They called me yesterday to come get my second shot , so I went this morning. They told me they only got 10 doses in this shipment and they have hundreds of names on the list.

I got the shot around 7:30 this morning and my only side effect is a slightly sore arm. Since they only have 10 doses I was glad I got up early to get mine, I was there when they opened.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are not alone. Two lady friends of mine when they got their first one both complained about their arm being so sore for a few days and one had mild flu like symptoms only for a day but the other one really felt achy and in her words "kind of spacey" for a few days.

And also, that was over 2 months ago and neither one has gotten the call back for the second shot yet.

Honored Contributor

Right after I got home from getting the first shot, I picked up my resistance bands and did some strenuous arm workouts for about 10 minutes. After that, I had very little pain...just felt like someone slugged me in my arm a bit. Next day the pain was completely gone.

Respected Contributor

My PCP has been pushing me to get this, as did Walgreen's when I went in to get my flu shot. However; Walgreen's has a long wait list to receive their limited supplies, my PCP's office doesn't have it, and my private pay insurance doesn't cover it unless you're on one of their medicare plans and that's quite a ways down the road for me. I'm not about to pay 100% out of pocket just to get on a waitlist and hope they get sufficient amounts of the vaccine for both shots. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Still cannot get mine.  Have been on the CVS list for 6+ months.  I’ve checked with them from time to time, and it’s still on backorder 

Trusted Contributor

I've been on the waiting list at my local supermarket since early October.  They called this afternoon and said some just came in, first come, first served so of course I went right away.  Cost was $66.67 and if it prevents shingles it will be so worth it.  They said second shot should be in 2 to 6 months so hopefully the supply of the vaccine will be more plentiful next year.  

Regular Contributor

I was told by a pharmacist friend it is supposed to be available after Jan 1. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me , though, who desperately want to get their second dose before Dec 31 so they don't have to meet the deductible again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those of you who are on a wait-list for this shot...don't wait until they call you! Make the call to them and check if the shot is available to you now. I was placed on a wait-list and never got a call (from Walgreens). I found out that the shot WAS available by calling them first. I was disappointed yet happy to get mine when I did.