Honored Contributor

DH and I got part 1 of the vaccine today and told us to come back February 9 for part 2.

We weren’t on the waiting list too long. Through our prescription plan it cost $44 each.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shingles Vaccine Shingrix

[ Edited ]

Oh good! Glad you finally got it. @OKPrincess I'm hoping I can get it this week sometime. FC. My insurance pays 100% for it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I hope you get yours too.  One less worry.

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't even gotten part 1 yet..I've been waiting MONTHS for a call that it's back in. Pharmacist informed me when I first tried getting it that it's going to be $150 for me.(each shot) I have medicare and an advantage plan.

Esteemed Contributor

I paid $312 for the second shingles shot! My first shot was fully covered by my Medicare/

BC-BS insurance.

I went ahead and paid the bill upon receipt; didn't think anything about it for a few days. Then realized there must have been a coding error and called my PCP's office. They looked into it; found out that, yes a temporary RN had coded my paperwork incorrectly. Apparently the billing department for all physicians in area doesn't believe the story! I do remember signing a paper stating I would be liable for the cost if my insurance did not cover the shot and was aware that if could happen. Just didn't expect it since the first shot was paid in full. Oh well, if it ever happens again I'll think about it for 24-48 hours before writing the check!! 

Now you know the cost of one shingles shot from a physician's office! No wonder people are told to get them at Walgreen's. Smiley Tongue

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Are all parts of the country experiencing shortages?

We cannot find a source and are on several wait lists (CVS, Walgreens)

Trusted Contributor

I had the first shot about 10 days ago.  I'm sure that long term it's worth it but the day after I had to stay home due to extreme dizziness, nausea and uncontrollable shivering.  Like a bad case of the flu. Thankfully that lasted only 24 hours.

Honored Contributor

The pharmacist wanted my prescription plan card which is Silver Script. 

After January, we are signed up with Community Care prescription plan and the cost will be different I’m sure.

Respected Contributor

I had my Shingrix shots in July and September. (at our grocery store pharmacy)  I have "regular" Medicare but my prescrption plan was part of my retirement package.  It's been awhile but I'm pretty sure I paid $15 for each shot.

My arm was sore for about a week.

Regular Contributor

I'm hoping to get shot #2 before the end of the year. I got #1 in August and they guaranteed  to have the second shot available if you paid for it up front , so I did. Then when it was time to get #2 instead they refunded my money because there was none available. I have a $200 deductible for drugs at this tier and the first one was $160. So now I only owe $40 for the second shot if I get it before the end of the year, but if it goes into next year it will be another $160, so that will really make me angry.