Trusted Contributor

SeaMaiden/Intermittent fasting ?

I'm going to try this & finding so many different concepts/ideas, etc. that I've got a lot to read/understand.

Very important question, tomorrow am can I have coffee?  Thanks,

Honored Contributor

Re: SeaMaiden/Intermittent fasting ?

@colleena    I'd certainly consult my doctor before launching this unorthodox eating plan.  For some people it could be very unsafe or even fatal.  I've never heard of a doctor recommending a diet like this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I've got an appointment w/the doctor next week & this is on my list to talk about. 

& thanks for being the voice of reason I needed that.

Contributor

Read the book Delay Don't Deny by Gin Stephens.  It is about Intermittent Fasting.  It will give you a lot of good information.  And yes, you can have coffee in the morning.  Black.  No cream or sugar.  

Valued Contributor

@colleena I did intermittent fasting only eating between 12:00 noon and 8:00 PM.  I worked my way into it though.  First I stopped eating at 8:00 PM and ate a small breakfast at 9:00 AM.  I did that for a couple of days and then started a small breakfast at 10:00 AM and so on.  I think you can have black coffee but no cream and sugar.  Lots of water helps.  I do think you should run it by your doctor as @Kachina624  said.  By noon I was so hungry I could have chewed someone's arm off if they got in my way going to the kitchen.  I liked it but traveled and didn't stick with it on the trip and now that I am home I just don't feel like doing it again.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Trusted Contributor

@Curlstotame @m0rgan Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@Kachina624  I've got an appointment w/the doctor next week & this is on my list to talk about. 

& thanks for being the voice of reason I needed that.

@colleena    Let us know what your doctor advises.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: SeaMaiden/Intermittent fasting

[ Edited ]

@colleena  I would say yes to coffee....And, as someone else said, there are many different ways  to interpret fasting so do read up on them...you can tweek the rules to fit your lifestyle too. And, as you said you plan to do, talk with your doctor first especially if you have any medical concerns🙂

Honored Contributor

Please be careful.   You can also throw your metabolism into hibernation. 

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

I'm going to try this & finding so many different concepts/ideas, etc. that I've got a lot to read/understand.

Very important question, tomorrow am can I have coffee?  Thanks,

Google the article in The New York Times about the study proving that weight loss was not greater with intermittent fasting. It still boils down to caloric deprivation when it comes to weight loss. It was published in the New England Journal of Medicine.