Valued Contributor

...my life isn't very much fun.

I have hepatitis which doesn't bother me much but just knowing I have it does. Thank God for modern medicine; if this were 100 years ago, I would have died of it pretty soon.

Right now I'm on round 2 of treatment for a UTI which I think I got from a medical test for round 1. Either the instruments weren't completely sterile or...I don't know. And I still have one more test to go (it's 3 tests).

Right now my doctor has instructed me to drink two liters of water every day. That's good for flushing out whatever is wrong with your system but that's an awfu lot of water to drink and I spend a lot of time in my bathroom.

I had my eyes checked recentenly and I forget what the medical name for it is but the popular name is "lazy eye". If it had been diagnosed and treated when I was a kid, it could have been corrected but it's way too late for that now. It bothers me a lot when I read; sometimes I have to cover my "bad" eye when I'm reading.

This won't last forever so that's what keeps me going. If I thought I was going to have to drink 2 liters of water per day for the rest of my life, I don't know what I'd do.

Respected Contributor

Re: Right now...

[ Edited ]

Very sorry to hear of your ills. Hoping things get better for you.

Valued Contributor

thank you, catter; I feel the same way Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 

I will first say! There are not many things we agree on in these forums. 

When it comes to someone dealing with what seem to be insurmountable health issues, I do understand. Having been in those situations many times, I can directly relate. Different health issues, however dealing with multiples at the same time, and/or, several at the same time.

One of mine was exactly the opposite of what your doctor wants you to do concerning drinking water. There were/are very few days in my life where I didn't drink 100oz. or a gallon of water.

With my 2nd heart attack I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure(CHF). I was not allowed to drink over a total of 64 oz, and that included all fluids, per day. As a decades long athlete and working in 100+° factory for over 30 years, that seemed impossible to me. However, knowing that would put more unnecessary strain on my heart, that is what I did.

I won't say my life was fun, however I looked at the positives in my life. That along with my best friend Optimism, I made it through 14 years of living a life that was far removed from what was normal for me. I always saw a light at the end of some very long tunnels. 

I hope these things get better for you soon.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Re: Right now...

[ Edited ]

John, from reading a lot of your posts, I've concluded that you're one of the few--and not just on this mb--that can really uderstand what it's like. 

ETA, the next time I start to grumble about my water intake, I'll think of you, and that will help me understand the complexities of medical treatment that can require us to do uncomfortable things.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 

I can relate!  When overwhelming health issues occur, a little thing my mother always used to say comes to mind -- when it rains, it pours!  I seem to get not one but many overlapping health issues and at times I just think -- I can't take it --- I can't handle it --- it's just too much!  I try to re-focus on other things -- the positive things in my life.  It's certainly not always easy to do this!  Just know that you're not alone in your struggles.  We may all face different health issues or problems, but must or a lot of us, do face serious things each and every day.  I pray a lot, that's my saving grace!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 

I can relate!  When overwhelming health issues occur, a little thing my mother always used to say comes to mind -- when it rains, it pours!  I seem to get not one but many overlapping health issues and at times I just think -- I can't take it --- I can't handle it --- it's just too much!  I try to re-focus on other things -- the positive things in my life.  It's certainly not always easy to do this!  Just know that you're not alone in your struggles.  We may all face different health issues or problems, but must or a lot of us, do face serious things each and every day.  I pray a lot, that's my saving grace!!!!  

A very helpful post--thank you.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 

A very helpful post--thank you.

@PuppyLoverBob666   I also pray a lot.  Please know that you are not alone in this and we understand. Most of us have been through tough times. I will be praying for you and asking God to give you courage to get through it.