Honored Contributor

Re: Request regarding my sciatica.

@sfnative....I read something very interesting about sciatica and antibiotics this past week. According to what I read, it may be based on infection and antibiotics can relieve it. I ran it by my ortho doctor and he said it may hold some promise. I am taking an antibiotic for a kidney infection and my sciatica is really better. Coincidence? Maybe but I find it an interesting theory. No more tylenol even. Run it by your physician and see what he/she has to say about it. Anything for a bit of relief!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@sfnative You may want to try 1/2 of the pain killers at first and find they will do.  They gave me a searing, sickening headache for 3 days and I only used them for 2 days.

I would go ahead and get that gel belt that can be frozen or heated.  At least you won't have a bag of water seep all over you.

Amazon  $22.00

Pain Relief Flexible Ice Pack for Injuries by TheraPAQ | Hot & Cold Therapy Reusable Gel Pack/Heat Wrap - Great for Back, Waist, Shoulder, Neck, Ankle, Knee and Hip (Large Pack:14" X 6")

@ECBG 

Yes the gelpacks/wraps are quite useful.  I've had 3 for some time now.  I've had no issue tolerating pain meds, as I've had chronic migrainev - the same headache since 1984 - so m PCP bumped me up to 15mg of my pain me, when I finished yesterday, so am back to the 10mg, which is enough to take the edge off of some other pain, but doesn't touch the sciatic pain at all.  My system has been this way my entire adult life.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

Am starting a new thread to update things.  Thanks for asking.