Honored Contributor

FF8462AC-0677-4DB0-BE0A-D567C0706DDF-542-00000055C3561991.jpg

I had a step platform back in the 1980 's.....just bought another one today on Amazon....2019😄.

I have been looking for one at Good will for months but never found one....I just think this will add another cardio exercise to my routine....for fat burning and building core and balance. Low impact but strength training. Looking forward to using it again!

My husband is going to think I am  crazy 😜 

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I need that!  I have a smaller step and it just doesn't work with the weights.  It's too short when you lie down for chest press. 

Thank you for reminding me.  Off to Amazon now.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes.  Kick butt.  I sprained my ankle once on one.

I also taught it.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Gurrrrl....I just moved & donated all my old Step stuff.

I purchased the original when it was pink & teal...and it came with

a video with Gin Miller (the originator) saying it was

‘a new exercise sensation called Step Aerobics!’

I adore(d) step aerobics. I took classes 2x week for decades

until I was permanently sidelined due to a torn meniscus. 

I even taught in a small studio for a wee bit (harder than it looks!)

Used to do double-step....even got to 4-6 steps. 

Have fun! 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   The gym I attend still has step classes, and they are very popular.  I actually have had one in my basement workout room for many years, although I don't use it anymore (I prefer jogging and bicycling).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom @I love step class..still do it every Tuesday.I used to do a wild version when I was young.We all wore ankle weights..dangerous.They had two instructors who subbed in for each other to keep a very fast pace during the hour and a half..we were on carpet so the alternate instructor would spray us with a squirt gun when we got really sweaty to help cool us down.LOL the good old days.I am sure that carpet was incredibly dirty.

Honored Contributor

Still have mine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember this?

[ Edited ]

Yes! I had one a long time ago. Now I step on the real thing called the Manitou Incline. That has over 2,700 steps UP. Killer workout once a week and sometimes twice depending on the weather.

download.jpg

I'm an avid hiker in the Colorado mountains. The Manitou incline keeps me in shape for most of the hikes. High altitude trails are difficult and if you are not in shape, forget about it.

Esteemed Contributor

After a weekend of basement stairs - that item is one thing I def don't need.  Bringing up Kitchen appliances - one bowl at a time - one motorized unit at a time .................to give away.  Tired of warehousing items I just don't use.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee @So  very impressive.You win!