Honored Contributor

I never bought the stepper when they were all the new thing to do.

We do, however, have the Wii Fitness that came with a step board.  LOL

Haven't used it in about 3 years, though. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Remember this?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes! I had one a long time ago. Now I step on the real thing called the Manitou Incline. That has over 2,700 steps UP. Killer workout once a week and sometimes twice depending on the weather.

download.jpg

I'm an avid hiker in the Colorado mountains. The Manitou incline keeps me in shape for most of the hikes. High altitude trails are difficult and if you are not in shape, forget about it.

@SilleeMee     Those steps look amazing!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Yep, remember them well. Never bought one since I was running steps at our local high school stadium, right after running my whatever miles on the track. Easier on knees running steps than pulling dead body weight up with 1 leg, and at that angle.

I used my treadmill or different height phone book stacks to rehab my right knee when I  had Patella Tendinitis. That was not a knee joint injury, that is an inflammation of the tendon. My 80 year old knees are still doing well.

Seems like those things were more popular with the ladies than the men. I remember a couple friends of mine telling me their wives were going to "step aerobic classes".

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

This sign is posted at the foot of the Manitou Incline trail and it should not be ignored. Some people visit Colorado and they think they can go up to the top and some have been rescued for various medical and physical problems when they try. I think it would be wise to start out on a at-home step thing like the one @SeaMaiden  posted before attempting the Manitou Incline...in case anyone here is interested in coming here to try it, it's a beautiful trail and the view from the top is spectacular!

om8qwdgvbhp11.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes, I remember them well. I took step aerobics almost daily for years. We still have those benches at our gym. They now have Zumba Step classes.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

LOL!  Yes! I too have the teal and pink one.  I am a home work out person and did the step aerobics for years.  Jane Fonda's workouts were great.  Wish I could find her old ones on DVD as I only had the VHS tapes.  I bought a couple of other ones on Amazon but I don't like them as much.  I do still use mine 25 years later but only the two steps, no longer can do the three, but at 50 something that's not too shabby!   I change it up though between Walk at Home dvd's and walking the treadmill.

Honored Contributor

Goodwill wouldn’t accept exercise equipment like the steps when I tried to donate mine a few years back.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This sign is posted at the foot of the Manitou Incline trail and it should not be ignored. Some people visit Colorado and they think they can go up to the top and some have been rescued for various medical and physical problems when they try. I think it would be wise to start out on a at-home step thing like the one @SeaMaiden  posted before attempting the Manitou Incline...in case anyone here is interested in coming here to try it, it's a beautiful trail and the view from the top is spectacular!

om8qwdgvbhp11.jpg

@SilleeMeeNow that is some serious hiking LOL! Wowzer!!!  I am impressed....tell me did you go all the way to the top and back your 1st attempt?  I'd be a nervous nelly and only go maybe 1/4 of the way at a time testing myself out 1st.  Of course I am NOT in great physical shape...maybe one day....bucket listWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  You owe me $50!  I actually found it cheaper than Amazon for what I wanted via Walmart but excited to have the proper equipment on the way.  I found a green and black one so I can be different and match my decor with all four risers included.  Score! 

Yep, it's the little things that make me happy.  Smiley Tongue 

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

om8qwdgvbhp11.jpg

@SilleeMeeNow that is some serious hiking LOL! Wowzer!!!  I am impressed....tell me did you go all the way to the top and back your 1st attempt?  I'd be a nervous nelly and only go maybe 1/4 of the way at a time testing myself out 1st.  Of course I am NOT in great physical shape...maybe one day....bucket listWoman Happy

Yes, I did make to the top the first time but it took me forever!! That was a very long time ago when I was in high school. That warning sign wasn't there back then. When I go up there these days I am in awe of how many older seniors run up the steps, leaving me in the dust. I could never do that.  It's amazing. The trail is one-way going up and then to come down you have to take another trail, one without steps, and it's winding and very steep located off to the side of the main 'up-only' stepped trail. The trail going down is difficult but not as bad as the one going up. Both trails have many rest stops positioned off-trail in the shade. It's really nicely done. The entire trail and land is maintained by a group effort of federal, city and private funding. Parking at the trail head is $10 per vehicle per day. So we all go in one car, save money.Smiley Happy @tsavorite