Frequent Contributor

Hi Noel

So happy to see your post.Hope you have a speedy recovery from your relapse. You’re in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are still having to deal with the smoke and ash, @Noel7. I hope you are feeling better soon and praying that those fires are soon under control.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your support.

This setback has been hard to take, I'm still coughing a lot, not sleeping and pretty weak, but at least I'm better than I was Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Really, really sorry to hear this.  Seems the word "relapse" is a word with great "creep factor" these days.  Do hope this works it way swiftly out of your body, so that you can enjoy Christmas.

XXX

(I swear if that undiagnosed virus which struck me down for 2 months returns, I'm gonna scream.)

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Really, really sorry to hear this.  Seems the word "relapse" is a word with great "creep factor" these days.  Do hope this works it way swiftly out of your body, so that you can enjoy Christmas.

XXX

(I swear if that undiagnosed virus which struck me down for 2 months returns, I'm gonna scream.)

Thank you @sfnative !  I sure hope your virus is gone for good.  I thought I was getting much better, my MD said at least three more weeks after I got home.  All of a sudden, it was bad again, that horrible cough, sounded like I was in a cave.

I do feel better the last couple of days, still with the cough but not as weak.

Best wishes for you and your family, and Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear you have had a relapse.  We have several neighbors who have this flu (both young and old) and it has hit them like a ton of bricks.  The one couple has a little girl just a little over a year old. That whole family is down with it.  The other woman is my next door neighbor.  She is almost 70 and I have never seen her look so sick.  

These fires are such a tragedy.  I am praying for all who are affected by them and that you will soon be feeling better.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Sorry to hear you have had a relapse.  We have several neighbors who have this flu (both young and old) and it has hit them like a ton of bricks.  The one couple has a little girl just a little over a year old. That whole family is down with it.  The other woman is my next door neighbor.  She is almost 70 and I have never seen her look so sick.  

These fires are such a tragedy.  I am praying for all who are affected by them and that you will soon be feeling better.

Thank you @jubilant

I can't shake it, and in a few days, I face a CT scan and sonogram with a possible biopsy on my thyroid.  I don't want to do it, I am so tired of going though one thing after another.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Thank you @jubilant

I can't shake it, and in a few days, I face a CT scan and sonogram with a possible biopsy on my thyroid.  I don't want to do it, I am so tired of going though one thing after another.

@Noel7

Hi Noel,

Just noticed that you've got that CT and sonogram coming up, but also have that cough on board.  Though your cough may be productive, would it be possible for these two procedures for you to have an rx cough medicine with codeine in it, providing it is not contraindicated due to your asthma?  That would certainly help with the coughing, while in the tube.  Just wondering.  H \Really hoping you're going to get better very, very soon.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

I feel for you, Noel.   The last three years have been the hardest of my life.  I didn't think I could face one more thing.....and then came the heart attack and quadruple surgery.  I wanted God to let me die.  In fact I actually asked him to let me die.  I'm a little embarrassed to say that..... but it's true.  I have found that I am stronger than I thought I was and that God knew what I could take and couldn't and thank God he didn't listen to me!   You have been through a lot and I pray that all the people here sending you good thoughts and prayers will give you the courage and strength to keep on keeping on. You are stronger than you think.  I found that out and I believe you will too.  God bless you and give you strength.