Respected Contributor

Protein Powder Recommendation

I was out in the health food store today trying to find a Protein Powder to add to my smoothies.  I just want an unflavored, no-sugar added one.   There were no many, all different descriptions, etc.  I was overwhelmed.  Can anyone recommend a simple one that is high in protein, no sugar or artificial ingredients, to add to my fruit smoothies?  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Protein Powder Recommendation

I buy 100% 'isolated soy protein' in bulk from health food stores. Not a brand. Nothing added at all. Made from soybeans. I just scoop it out of the bin into a plastic bag, they weigh it, and charge me by the pound. It has virtually no flavor. You can add it to hot soups or cold smoothies.
Contributor

I like "VEGA" protein & greens

• 20 grams plant-based protein
  • Veggies and greens
  • 110-120 calories
  • 0-1 grams of sugar

Chocolate is my favorite flavor

Hope this helps!

Valued Contributor

@lovesallanimals  I love Andrew Lessman's Whey protein powder. Soy does not agree with me. He's on HSN.

New Contributor

I get them in Whole Foods.  They are flavored naturally and I've gotten and given Papaya.  Is the one offered here flavored?  I thought it was a chocolate, etc.  

New Contributor

Unless there is no fear from soy, fine.  Soy stimulates estrogen, I think, and not to be given to anyone with a history of cancer.

Valued Contributor

I like NutriBiotic Rice Protein.  0 added sugars, 12 g protein

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
I buy 100% 'isolated soy protein' in bulk from health food stores. Not a brand. Nothing added at all. Made from soybeans. I just scoop it out of the bin into a plastic bag, they weigh it, and charge me by the pound. It has virtually no flavor. You can add it to hot soups or cold smoothies.

@x Hedge

If you have ever had breast cancer or have family members with breast cancer, you should stay away from soy.  Google it to find out more!

Valued Contributor

I use UNJURY. Order it on line. Recommended to my daughter by her weight loss surgeon.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

Another soy vote here. I buy  'NOW' brand powder in plain, chocolate and vanilla. The association of soy and cancer was a concern for me at one time because my mother had breast cancer. I discussed this with my doctor and she said the soy was fine for me. I have never had cancer.