Respected Contributor

Recommendations for good CoQ10?

[ Edited ]

I simply cannot afford Andew Lessman's anymore, but still want a good quality one, not just looking for cheap, at least 200 mg.

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Recommendations for good CoQ10?

No judgement - you get what you pay for with many things including vitamins. I find Andrew Lessman's to be the best.  I am more selective with what I take but all vitamins are created equally.  Good luck on your quest.

Respected Contributor

We take Qunol brand.  I buy it at Costco when it is on sale.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I take quite a few of Andrew's vitamins and agree with you.  Sometimes you pay for what you get.  However, I'm hoping I can find a good quality CoQ10 that isn't so outrageously expensive.  I take it every day and am spending far too much on it.

Esteemed Contributor

How do you know one is better than others?  Seriously. How?  I’ve been taking one for years. I switched to another for awhile and then went back to my original one. I honestly cannot say I ever felt any kind of difference. 

So how does one determine that one is better than others?

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor

We use Dr. Best brand COQ10...100mg

This brand also has bioPerine added

BioPerine is a black pepper extract

Black pepper is used as a bioavailability enhancer.

It can be purchased from multiple retailers.

Check google.

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

How do you know one is better than others?  Seriously. How?  I’ve been taking one for years. I switched to another for awhile and then went back to my original one. I honestly cannot say I ever felt any kind of difference. 

So how does one determine that one is better than others?

I do know that you don't want powdered ones (absorption issues)

And Ubiquinone is supposed to be better studied than Ubiquinol.  Ubiguinone is what AL uses.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have searched & checked some prices from products which use Kaneka CoQ10 like Andrew uses. If you figure price per capsule I have not found any for less.

I did find some but they don't use Kaneka CoQ10.

You might find 100mg capsule for less. Did not check that.

Last year Andrew's TS was 600 capsules for $169.90 or approximately .28¢ per capsule.

Healthy Origins makes a CoQ10 softgel with other ingredients. $47.32 for 150 softgels or .31¢ per capsule.

Neither figure includes tax. This is for 200mg capsules.

Esteemed Contributor

I found this, in addition to other information, at clevelandheartlab dot com slash blog slash horizons-coq10-what-are-the-heart-health-benefits/

All CoQ10 supplements are not created equal. Younger people may benefit more from ubiquinone while older people may benefit more from ubiquinol (the active form).

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I found this, in addition to other information, at clevelandheartlab dot com slash blog slash horizons-coq10-what-are-the-heart-health-benefits/

All CoQ10 supplements are not created equal. Younger people may benefit more from ubiquinone while older people may benefit more from ubiquinol (the active form).

@esmerelda 

You can read about both forms from the maker of Kaneka CoQ10 at Kaneka Nutrients site.