Trusted Contributor

Reading Glasses

[ Edited ]

For those of you looking for reading glasses, I just discovered a wonderful place: 

readers dot com

They even have computer glasses with no magnification, for those who don't need magnification but want the eye protection.

The Q used to offer a wonderful selection, sets of 5 or 6 pair for an extemely reasonable price.  I'm glad I got the set of 2 glasses with progressive bifocal lenses, i.e., no lines and work exactly like expensive prescription lenses, before the Q quit selling them.  This is the one type that readers dot com does not offer, tho.

Just FYI.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of places that offers reading glasses.

I have bought them from QVC and HSN.  You know, the one's where you get 8 or 10.

Some have included the one's like the OP mentioned.  I also have some I've ordered from HSN and QVC that are tinted.

They are excellent quality.  I asked my eye Dr if they'd be OK for my eyes.  I took a pair to her.  She looked at them and said she thought they'd be fine to use.

Respected Contributor

I get them from the dollar store. They're perfectly fine for what I use them for. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reading Glasses

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @DottieBlue - that's a great site.  Huge selection.  I have fun with stuff like that.  I spotted a few sale items, too.

They offer many options as to style and portability.  To me, if you need them for your work everyday it is worth it to have ones you enjoy wearing and maybe coordinate with the outfit of the day.

I spent years working outside and I have quite the sunglasses selection.  Makes the day more enjoyable.  And sometimes those little quality things really make a difference.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  Dollar store for me too.  None of them are really good for me because I need different magnification for each eye but in a pinch I can get by with them   Otherwise I just wear my prescription lenses

Honored Contributor

I buy mine at Costco...three pairs for  like $18.00.

Respected Contributor

In the past I ordered soft-sided, flexible arms glasses from Optix.com.   I ordered quite a few to tide me over so I didn’t order anything this December.

Very comfortable, feather-weight, and reasonably priced.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Thx I could use those computer glasses. I don't wear glasses & have not found the need for readers yet.

Honored Contributor

I order from them all the time.  I get free shipping and coupon codes from them.  

I just placed an order this morning for 2 more pairs.   Lol

Honored Contributor
I like the ones from Costco and try and get them when they are on sale,..Inalso pick up a pair at Dollar Tree if they have any in that I like....Inleave them all over the house and a pair at DD’s since I am there so much with the newest baby.