Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ray Rice Cut by Baltimore Ravens

Its about time!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Sorry another duplicate. Ugh.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/8/2014 ds said:

Was it TMZ that released the elevator tape? If they did, good for TMZ. Ray Rice should be in jail. He could have easily killed her, there has been 2 incidents in Illinois where one man was hit by a punch and died. The other incident where a man hit the other man for some really stupid reason is now mentally disabled.

I am not putting Ray's wife down but I would like to say to her, you need to leave this man, this has not been the first time he hit you or it will be the last. Right now I am sure he is furious, I would be afraid.

No one should stay with an abuser, your life is at stake, I can relate~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 sunshine45 said:

however you feel right now about ray rice we should ALL hope and pray that this was a one time incident AND that it will NEVER happen again.

ITA

Valued Contributor

Good. He should be in jail!
Honored Contributor

Just saw the video- unbelievable and hard to watch. Even harder to fathom though is that the woman still married him.

I hope she gets some help ASAP (as well as him, obviously), otherwise we may just be hearing about her death, especially if he is now out of a job due to this.

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Rottie_mama said:
On 9/8/2014 mstyrion said:
On 9/8/2014 Rottie_mama said:

Why would she marry the abuser?

MONEY, LIFESTYLE

yes, cynical but more than likely accurate.

I think it would be a good idea for you to educate yourself on the details of how abuse happens and what it does to the victim. Your point of view is very antiquated and I'm afraid bordering on misogyny.

Thank you but I am educated. No, my opinion just stems from working with football players and seeing, up close and personal, the women that flock to them because of their money. Could I be wrong about her, maybe. Money is quite powerful when you get to quit your job for a glam life and house.

I'm cynical (and educated) like you, Rottie.

It's one thing to be stuck in an abusive situation because you have young children and no job... It's another when you stay with someone to maintain a certain material lifestyle.

Super Contributor

however you feel right now about ray rice we should ALL hope and pray that this was a one time incident AND that it will NEVER happen again.

It will.

Has he shown any remorse? No.

Valued Contributor

On 9/8/2014 sidsmom said:

There's something nagging @ me about this. Yes, he assaulted this woman. But she didn't want to prosecute. AND why did this woman marry this guy AFTER the assault?

The State doesn't like it, the League doesn't like it, the public doesn't like it, but.....the one person who should not like it....doesn't mind. Should we...not mind? Weird.

WE should mind, because it sends such a bad message to young women, one that is repeated over and over - that it is okay to love, to live with, to marry, to have children by, these abusive men, when in fact it is WRONG! It is an absolute mystery to me why these women make the same mistake, and, not just one time, but many times. I'm listening to my local news and the people being interviewed keep saying what a nice guy he is and he would never do this - well, the video doesn't lie and yes, he did do it. And I'm sure each of the women interviewed would jump at the chance to be with him. Such stupidity.

Valued Contributor

Don't be naive - it always happens again -