Honored Contributor

Re: Question for you Dr. Pimple Popper Fans

@Icegoddess wrote:

I know you're out there.  Last night I noticed a black dot on my back.  I think it is a blackhead.  I do get them sometimes on my back.  But, this one is in a spot that I can't reach.  I go get hubby to look at it and he says he doesn't think it's a blackhead.  I don't want to go to the doctor for a simple blackhead, and a dermatologist is out of the question as it takes 6 months around here to get in to see one.  So, what does it look like to you?  Hope this works putting a pic in a spoiler.

Spoiler
Blackhead?.jpg

Looks like a blackhead to me. Let your husband treat it like a blackhead. Put a warm compress on it for a few minutes before. If he presses on it and sebum comes out, it’s a black head. If not, then show it to your primary care doc. 

Honored Contributor

Oh yea, that’s a mega blackhead!   

Dr Sandra usually numbs, opens the skin a little, and lifts it out.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess

Please see a dermatologist as ASAP. It may be a blackhead. Let the doctor tell you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  Have your PCP check it out. If you don't have a Dermotologist, your PCP will refer you to one who will see you in a timely manner (if necessary).

Yes, Dermotologists have very busy practices! Once you have a good one, it's prudent to see him/her annually or every other year for check-ups. When you need him/her, you'll be sure to get an appointment quickly if your records are up-to-date.  Best wishes on whatever it is on your back. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

740A7CC6-5C7F-4E31-A081-CAB7292012A8.jpeg5DC8A1BE-F5CD-4606-8C25-56872EEFB85B.jpeg

A dilated pore of winer. Just an enlarged blackhead. 

Compare with OP’s back

Honored Contributor

Thanks everybody.  I have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday.  If it's an enlarged blackhead like @sidsmom and @Mindy D I guess he'll extract it for me.  Hubby's kinda squeamish anyways, so who ya gonna get to do those embarrasing/gross things that happen with old age? Sure, they can happen at any age, but they seem to be more prevalent with old age.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Thanks everybody.  I have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday.  If it's an enlarged blackhead like @sidsmom and @Mindy D I guess he'll extract it for me.  Hubby's kinda squeamish anyways, so who ya gonna get to do those embarrasing/gross things that happen with old age? Sure, they can happen at any age, but they seem to be more prevalent with old age.

Hope all turns out well. 

Honored Contributor

Geez just have your dh squeeze it!! If its a blackhead, you will then find out then and there.. If it isn't, nothing will come out of it. Kind-of a non issue if you ask me.

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think the folks here did a dang good job on this mystery!  I ❤️ Sandra and Dr. Pimple Popper. Sometimes my heart breaks for the patient though... Makes us grateful for our small troubles right?? Have a great Saturday! 🎉💥

Honored Contributor

My dh went to the derm last week, for a spot on his face (he got in the next day due to a cancellation, usually it's a 2 month wait!)

The spot he was concerned with was fine, she saw a different spot...precancerous!  She froze it off.  I would not wait.

My doctor said 'most' things from the neck up he would remove, but would not touch the face.