Honored Contributor

Question for you Dr. Pimple Popper Fans

I know you're out there.  Last night I noticed a black dot on my back.  I think it is a blackhead.  I do get them sometimes on my back.  But, this one is in a spot that I can't reach.  I go get hubby to look at it and he says he doesn't think it's a blackhead.  I don't want to go to the doctor for a simple blackhead, and a dermatologist is out of the question as it takes 6 months around here to get in to see one.  So, what does it look like to you?  Hope this works putting a pic in a spoiler.

Spoiler
Blackhead?.jpg

Contributor

Re: Question for you Dr. Pimple Popper Fans

Hi, you can't get hubby to try to pop/mash it out?  It looks like it's just sitting there right on top. It looks like it could be a black head but I'm no expert.  I don't guess it could be some kind of mole?  If you think it could be a mole I wouldn't try to mash it though.

Honored Contributor

should not take 6 months to see a skin doctor.  I call one and get right in. Try someone new.  I would not try to squeeze it if I was not sure what it was.... 

Honored Contributor

It could be a blackhead or not.

My older sister has many " things" on her back.  I have been trying forever to get her to get checked out.  She makes appointments, then cancels them the day before.

About a month ago, I really goy upset and told her that if she did not get her skin checked, I was no longer going to take her to dr appts or anywhere else..She doesn't drive.

There is a doctor who works with her PCP in the same office who specializes in skin problems.  He checked her out and took biopsy of two different types of growths.

She was called last week and told both samples were melanoma.  She has an all day appointment with a surgical dermatologist coming up.

Have your PCP take a look at it for you.  If she/he feels it look suspious, you can get to see a Derm ASAP.

Not trying to scare you, but this could be important.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   It takes six months or longer to see a Dermatologist around where I live unless you are an established patient or have an emergency referral by another doctor.

it's been this way for years.

Honored Contributor

Unless it's highly magnified in the photo, I've never seen a true blackhead that large.

If it were me, I'd leave it alone until your Dr. can check it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess   I'm sorry, but that doesn't look like a blackhead to me.  When I've had those, they were always very tiny, and not really that black.  I know they say that a melanoma should be bigger than a pencil eraser, and have an irregular border, which I don't think this has.  It's so hard to tell without an in person look.....makes me wonder how well this new telemedicine can work.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It could be a blackhead or not.

My older sister has many " things" on her back.  I have been trying forever to get her to get checked out.  She makes appointments, then cancels them the day before.

About a month ago, I really goy upset and told her that if she did not get her skin checked, I was no longer going to take her to dr appts or anywhere else..She doesn't drive.

There is a doctor who works with her PCP in the same office who specializes in skin problems.  He checked her out and took biopsy of two different types of growths.

She was called last week and told both samples were melanoma.  She has an all day appointment with a surgical dermatologist coming up.

Have your PCP take a look at it for you.  If she/he feels it look suspious, you can get to see a Derm ASAP.

Not trying to scare you, but this could be important.

@Carmie 

I agree with you 100%!

DH raced sailboats most of his life and he has melanoma spots removed at least every other month.

They're either basal or squamous.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess   It doesnt look like a blackhead to me.

DH had a regular skin check, and a spot so tiny DH nor I could see it, but the doctor saw it, was something that would have turned into cancer, so he had a procedure in which many layers were removed, forget the name, but only a tiny mark afterward.

Honored Contributor

Looks like a Dilated Pore of Winer.

That’s basically a blackhead which has grown bigger.

If you’re Dr. Lee, you’ll numb the area...then make 2 little slits

on either side to open the surface area, than extract. 

These are generally too large to extract at home...and I want to say

I’ve seen her do a stitch/2 on the large extractions.

Sound like something your GP or a local ‘Doc-in-a-Box’ 

could remove.  The symmetry, to me, is a GOOD sign it’s not

something more nefarious.