Honored Contributor

@Natureluvr wrote:
The brand I have barely dissolves at all. I do usually add it to ice cold water so maybe that’s the problem. I then spend a lot of time trying to crush the clumps with the back of my spoon, which often end up sticking to the glass so I don’t even know how much I’m consuming.

@Natureluvr 

I just tap the spoon on the side of my glass and it will usually run free in the glass then and can be stirred up.  If I happen to have any clumps that I miss that stick to the side of the glass, I just put more water in the glass and stir them up and drink.

Maybe try adding a little at a time and stirring well before adding more of the powder.  Trying to mix a glob of the powder at once will cause more clumping.

Maybe I'm used to the process by now since I've been using it for years. 

Super Contributor

QVC host Kerstin often talks about adding psyllium husk to her drinks.  You could ask her about it on her social media page or livestream.  She seems to enjoy sharing tips like that, so I think she'd answer you.

Respected Contributor

@ SilleeMee  wrote :

I take this one and it dissolves in water for me. I put about one heaping teaspoon in a glass of water.

download.jpg

I use this brand as well and mix into my Premier Protein Shakes and I find that it mixes well.

Valued Contributor

I use Metamucil.  It tastes like an orange drink and is easy to get down. You just have to drink it quickly so that it doesn't start to thicken.

Valued Contributor
Thanks all for your suggestions!
Honored Contributor

IMG_3358.jpeg
I use an old pickle or olive jar to mix mine.  Fill the jar with your water, add the powder, tighten the lid on, shake to mix, and down the hatch.  Follow with another half or full jar of water.

Honored Contributor

Metamucil has sugar in it. The sugar-free version contains an artificial sweetener, aspartame. It also contains artificial flavoring and artificial coloring.

Respected Contributor

I follow a You Tube Channel called "Talking with Docs." These are 2 doctors from Canada that talk about different topics. One of those topics was constipation. They recommended to eat Brand Buds daily. Kellog's makes Brand Buds and I actually like them. I eat them everyday for breakfast and I do not have to take Psyllium husk powder etc. The Bran Buds are Psyllium. 

Honored Contributor

I use Benefiber powder instead, recommended to me by my gastro doc. Dissolves very easily in room temp water or warmer. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

My husband used the jar technique too.