Contributor

I had cataract removal June 6, 2018 with the restor lens implants. I have never got my distance back so now they want to go in and do PRK on my eyes. Has anyone ever had this done after cataract removal and lens implant. Also I have heard this is painful. Your imput is appreaciated. Thank you

Respected Contributor

Assuming you do not have macular degeneration (or other retina disease), the main reason for not getting clear distance vision after cataract surgergy and lens implant is MISCALCULATION OF THE IMPLANT POWER RX by the surgeon. There have been cases where the surgical techs pulled the wrong implant.

If this is the reason then you should not have any charges due for their mistake. PRK also has risks. Inform yourself. Any cornea proceedure will have post op risks of glare, dry eyes and fluctuating vision. Yes, the post op can be very uncomfortable. Has the surgeon explained why poor vision? 

Honored Contributor

My Eye Doctor recommended an eye center that he said was the best in the area. It was more expensive....but the feedback was top notch.

I think with cataract surgery so prevalent today....and so many offices doing the surgery, you really need to do your homework on who you are going to trust your eyes to.

Of course accidents  do happen as with any medical procedure, but, it is so important to do your research on who the business is and who they hire to do the surgery. 

Contributor

@granddiThank-you for your  reply. I am going to call my eye dr. tomorrow and ask him to explain once again, but I think he said I was getting to much light which wasn't allowing me to fully get the distance in my vision. He is the dr. that I also had Lasic surgery with 12 yrs ago. I trust him but your right it is my eyes! Other than distance for driving everything else has been just fine I see close up, can read the smallest of print, even put my makeup on straight from the bathroom mirror! lol! I just am very worried about going ahead with this. I will call him tomorrow and see if Talking more about this will help. I had a little dry eye the first couple weeks other than that I don't have dry eyes. I guess I'm unsure if I'm messing with the good sight I do have. Thanks again I will let you know what happens or if I do go through with it.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

My Eye Doctor recommended an eye center that he said was the best in the area. It was more expensive....but the feedback was top notch.

I think with cataract surgery so prevalent today....and so many offices doing the surgery, you really need to do your homework on who you are going to trust your eyes to.

Of course accidents  do happen as with any medical procedure, but, it is so important to do your research on who the business is and who they hire to do the surgery. 

I agree. There is an eye Dr in our area, well known as "the best". A friend of mine went to some Dr. I had never heard of, for her eye surgery. Hers was somewhat botched. She had problems for quite awhile, ended up having the surgery re-done. 

Respected Contributor

@222333 wrote:

@granddiThank-you for your  reply. I am going to call my eye dr. tomorrow and ask him to explain once again, but I think he said I was getting to much light which wasn't allowing me to fully get the distance in my vision. He is the dr. that I also had Lasic surgery with 12 yrs ago. I trust him but your right it is my eyes! Other than distance for driving everything else has been just fine I see close up, can read the smallest of print, even put my makeup on straight from the bathroom mirror! lol! I just am very worried about going ahead with this. I will call him tomorrow and see if Talking more about this will help. I had a little dry eye the first couple weeks other than that I don't have dry eyes. I guess I'm unsure if I'm messing with the good sight I do have. Thanks again I will let you know what happens or if I do go through with it.

Oh....Lasik will make the calculation of the lens implant a little tricky too. If you do not want to have another proceedure, you could accept a glasses Rx for distance. That would be disappointing after going through the cataract surgery

Esteemed Contributor

My eye doctor asked me if I wanted to see distance like tv or reading better. I have only one eye I really can see with. It is crossed and had operations when little but nothing helped.