Honored Contributor

Portable Rechargeable Water Flosser

Once again I need to replace my water flosser.  I need portable and rechargeable and not one with a separate tank because I need to be able to travel with it and I don't have room on my bathoom counter for a water reservoir.  It seems my choices are Waterpik, Panasonic, or no-name or oddly named products which are cheaper.  I'm wondering if the name-brand more expensive products are really any better/more long lasting.  The previous ones I have bought died after about a year.  My current one has started turning off mid-floss requiring me to hit the on button several times dring the process.  The other one just quit working.  Do I have to resign myself to replacing it every year, in which case I might as well go with one of the cheaper models since they work fine until they just quit working?

Honored Contributor

Re: Portable Rechargeable Water Flosser

I had a Waterpik.  I don't think it lasted 6 months.

Trusted Contributor

All I've ever had are Waterpik brand.  All of them have lasted years.  I use it daily so it takes a beating.  The current one I'm using is going on 5 years.

Honored Contributor

I bought an inexpensive one on Amazon probably a couple of years ago and it's actually a very good alternative to the higher priced versions.  It has several settings and you fill it as needed direct from the faucet.  I'll see if I can find the info and get back to you.