Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter There is a machine in the pharmacy that will count for you.  Don't be shy about asking them to double check with it. Not the same as hand to hand with a human but it's a pretty decent estimate if not dead on.  

Honored Contributor

There are two things that I always count before leaving the building...pills in my Rx bag and cash from my bank.

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 

I've counted now and then and have found two mistakes ....  both in my favor.  I got more pills than prescribed.  I wonder how often that happens?

It's easy enough to catch people because the time of the actual filling is in their computerized system, and there is all those little round black cameras in the ceiling recording activity ... just like at the cash registers.   Hope those recording are saved for a decent amount of time.  

As for pill count  "irregularities" I wouldn't think they would let anything slide .....    unless determined to be "an honest mistake".  

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised a pharmacy would believe anyone who walked in and claimed they didn't get enough pills. I agree with the other poster who advised counting them in front of the pharmacist before leaving if you're going to do that.  

Honored Contributor

Supose,just supose you got a few too many of a very expensive pill-would you return the extras?

Esteemed Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I'd told my dh I was sure my adderall pills had been short one month. He went with me the next time to pick them up. He insisted we count them when we got out to the car. Sure enough they were short several. We went back in and showed the pharmacist, who did make it right. There is no telling how often this happens. 

Valued Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I'm surprised a pharmacy would believe anyone who walked in and claimed they didn't get enough pills. I agree with the other poster who advised counting them in front of the pharmacist before leaving if you're going to do that.  

I have been using the same pharmacy for years..without any real issues..

A friend was missing 12 pills..that's 6 days of heart meds!

Will never if I can help it or will even pay more not to use mail order!..My mailperson won't come up the driveway with a dusting of snow..I have had to   search for my mailbox when the snow plow takes down my mailbox..thank goodness there wasn't anything too important in it.

Honored Contributor

If there are complaints about pill shortage (enough complaints) the Board of Pharmacy will investigate.

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Supose,just supose you got a few too many of a very expensive pill-would you return the extras?

I have gotten extras also..tried to return them..The pharmacy is not allowed to take any prescription meds back once it leaves their register.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please count !

[ Edited ]

I never check mine. Someone working in a pharmacy that gets caught doing that will have a hard time finding any decent employment. They would have to be out of their mind to steal pills. They also have cameras as far as I know so how they could do that without getting caught is beyond me.

Walgreen's filled my thyroid medication once that was for 180 pills but the cost was under $10??? DH picked it up & told them the price was not right. They rang it up again checked out the price etc still same price. They told DH there must be a glitch in the system. I figured they would have told him he would have to come back later but they just gave it to him for that price?