Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn  John, I agree with you on all points.  Hope you and your wife are well.

@seasideshopper Thanks for mentioning SAS shoes.  For about 14 years now I have been wearing ambulators which look lilke the SAS shoes for my back but their quality has greatly suffered over the years.  I have been looking into the SAS shoes and read reviews and realized that they are also great for back problems.  I will order a pair of the SAS shoes and if they are as good as the reviews state, will order them in a few colors.

I am happy to say that I am no longer in as much pain as I was last week.  Will see the foot doctor tomorrow when I will get a new prescription for new orthodics.  I know I need new ones.

Thanks so much for everyone for your helpful advise.  I had no idea that this is such a common problem.  Will let you all know how it goes after tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

[ Edited ]

Have you tried yoga? There are a few poses you can do to relieve this problem. The pose that works for me best is standing on your knees with your toes on the mat lean back a little with arms over your head for a count of 30 seconds. And I also stopped wearing flip flops they have ruined my feet. I now wear [summer] shoes with support in the arch. Good luck to you!

Esteemed Contributor

The "cure" is simple.  

Just do the right thing.

The body WANTS to heal itself. 

What does the above mean?  Cryptic.

Occasional Contributor

I have plantar fasciitis in both feet. I could feel how comfortable these sneakers were from the moment I put them on - EVEN BEFORE I STOOD UP!!! I could feel the heel of the shoe cuddling my heel. I can not bear to wear anything but my orthofeet shoes! I like the hammer toe for toe comfort. Fit is great. I like the colors and the mesh.
Have purchased two pair of orthofeet for myself, and they do help tremendously with my PF(plantar Fasciitis). My wife was complaining about her PF, so I suggested getting her a pair of plantar Fasciitis. She didn't want to spend $130 on a pair of orthofeet shoes, but I did it anyway. Now she wears them every day in the garden! Holding up pretty well for the abuse they get too! She won't admit it, but I think she really likes the Quantum's and they do help with the PF.
The plantar fascitis shoes have really given me pain relief from my year long battle with plantar fasciitis. I have are so comfortable and really helps my planter fastidious. Able to walk now even long distances without much pain. Will definitely be buying another pair from orthofeet! I would recommend them to anyone with any kind of foot pain. Wonderful support all the way around.

Occasional Contributor

I have plantar fasciitis in both feet. I could feel how comfortable these sneakers were from the moment I put them on - EVEN BEFORE I STOOD UP!!! I could feel the heel of the shoe cuddling my heel. I can not bear to wear anything but my orthofeet shoes! I like the hammer toe for toe comfort. Fit is great. I like the colors and the mesh.

The plantar fascitis shoes have really given me pain relief from my year long battle with plantar fasciitis. I have are so comfortable and really helps my planter fastidious. Able to walk now even long distances without much pain. Will definitely be buying another pair from orthofeet! I would recommend them to anyone with any kind of foot pain. Wonderful support all the way around.

Trusted Contributor

@CLEM

Yes, I had this two years ago.  I'm a runner, so I had to lay low for quite some time (about 6 months).  It was very painful Smiley Sad  I now do Classical Stretch DVD's, which has some awesome stretches for feet.  I now do those stretches faithfully daily.  I haven't had a problem since.