Honored Contributor

Re: 🍔 Plant Based Peeps... 🍔

@Justice4all

I LOVE my Vitamix, especially for making hot soups.  I also make sauces, dressings, and pancake batter in it. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used flax seed meal for my black bean burgers which you can get in a box in the baking aisle.  Not going to lie, they are still soft, but it does help keep it together.  

@Justice4all I second the VItamix recommendation if it's not overkill for you and you'll use the extra features.  As long as you have a variable speed model, you're golden.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:

@sidsmom@lolakimono@JuLee@Elizabeth95@sgraham30

Which model blender do you recommend?   Need one pronto!

Vitamin & Blendtec are the 1A & 1B of high-powered blenders.

Expensive?  Sure

But they will last f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

It's an investment & generational purchase..can't recommend enough. 

I have had my Vitamix for 10 yrs....but next time, in my second life (!),

I would be tempted to get the Blendtec with the wide opening.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all, I personally use a Blendtec, many others use a Vitamix. I chose the Blendtec because I didn't have the $$$ for a Vitamix. I think I paid $250 for my Blendtec around 3 years ago. At the time I purchased mine, Costco had a $50 or $75 off coupon for it online. Mine came with the WildSide blender carafe, with the twister jar as well it would have been $100 more.

Occasional Contributor

@Justice4all

Like the others, I recommend a Vitamix.  I use mine several times a day, not only for juicing but also for soups, dressings, sauces, cocktails and chopping.  It's more expensive but it's one you'll never need to replace.  Variable speed is a definite plus.  I have two of them....one in the kitchen and one at the bar.

Honored Contributor

@JuLee Have you tried to make them ahead so there is time to spend in the fridge ...maybe the ingredients will bind better after a couple of hours.